[IE: Yes Opera:Yes Mozilla:No] : Error on Postback and Validation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by teo, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. teo

    teo Guest

    Mozilla error on postback and validation

    -----------

    A Button causes a Listbox to desappear.

    If no item has been selected on the Listbox,
    all is OK.

    If one or more items are selected,
    I receive the following error
    (about postback and validation)

    Note:
    on IE is all OK,
    on Opera is all OK,
    on Mozilla (1.5.0.1) I get the Error

    Is it bug of Mozilla?
    How can I avoid that?

    --------------------

    This is the error:

    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback
    argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages
    enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
    EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
    feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate
    from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is
    valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation
    method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

    ---------------

    This is the stack trace:

    [ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback argument. Event
    validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in
    configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For
    security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or
    callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered
    them. If the data is valid and expected, use the
    ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register
    the postback or callback data for validation.]
    System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String
    argument) +2082588
    System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String
    eventArgument) +106
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListBox.LoadPostData(String postDataKey,
    NameValueCollection postCollection) +274

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListBox.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String
    postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +11
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean
    fBeforeLoad) +408
    includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3776
    teo, Nov 10, 2006

  2. teo

    seigo Guest

    Re: [IE: Yes Opera:Yes Mozilla:No] : Error on Postback and Validation

    Hi,

    You can set enableEventValidation="false" in page directive.

    Alexander Kleshchevnikov
    www.klalex.com

    """teo ÐÉÓÁÌ(Á):
    """

    seigo, Nov 10, 2006

  3. teo

    teo Guest

    Re: [IE: Yes Opera:Yes Mozilla:No] : Error on Postback and Validation

    >You can set enableEventValidation="false" in page directive.
    >
    >Alexander Kleshchevnikov
    >www.klalex.com

    I can't, it's too dangerous.
    teo, Nov 11, 2006
  4. teo

    Guest

    Re: [IE: Yes Opera:Yes Mozilla:No] : Error on Postback and Validation

    hello friend,

    i am also got this same issue but i dont know how to resolve this issue

    in my case Opera and Mozilla didnt get error but i got this error from
    IE ,
    if u get solution for this issue please inform me .....

    Thanks and Regards
    Dhanaseelan R

    , Nov 11, 2006