    Padam Guest

    How to change the Header And Footer information that IE Uses to print
    pages via code?
    Padam, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Padam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around 16 Nov 2003 20:50:21 -0800, Padam is reported to have
    stated:

    > How to change the Header And Footer information that IE Uses to print
    > pages via code?

    File>Page Setup

    F1 will tell you what you can use for what.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Mark Parnell wrote:

    > Sometime around 16 Nov 2003 20:50:21 -0800, Padam is reported to have
    > stated:
    >
    > > How to change the Header And Footer information that IE Uses to
    > > print pages via code?

    > File>Page Setup
    >
    > F1 will tell you what you can use for what.

    To expand on Mark's answer, you can't change how the page will print
    from within the page. That's up to the user, not the author. As it
    should be.
    Owen Jacobson, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Padam

    Padam Guest

    (Padam) wrote in message news:<>...
    > How to change the Header And Footer information that IE Uses to print
    > pages via code?

    If any body is having solution of this , please give the solution. its very urgent
    Padam, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Padam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around 17 Nov 2003 20:03:53 -0800, Padam is reported to have
    stated:

    > (Padam) wrote in message news:<>...
    >> How to change the Header And Footer information that IE Uses to print
    >> pages via code?

    > If any body is having solution of this , please give the solution. its very urgent

    I gave you the solution yesterday. In case the post didn't show up on your
    server, I'll try again.

    I wrote:

    <quote>
    File>Page Setup

    F1 will tell you what you can use for what.
    </quote>

    Owen Jacobson added to that:

    <quote>

    Mark Parnell, Nov 18, 2003
  6. Padam

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Owen Jacobson wrote:
    > Mark Parnell wrote:
    >> Padam stated:

    >>> How to change the Header And Footer information that IE Uses to
    >>> print pages via code?

    >> File>Page Setup
    >> F1 will tell you what you can use for what.

    > To expand on Mark's answer, you can't change how the page will print
    > from within the page.

    Is that so?
    I never tried it but maybe a combination of CSS page-break-before and a
    header and footer that only show on printing can do the job.

    > That's up to the user, not the author. As it
    > should be.

    Why should it? If the information is improved by printing a header/footer it
    seems perfectly acceptable.

    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Padam

    Padam Guest

    Hi mark
    i didn't get solution yet of this. actually my problem is that i
    have heml text and i m taking print out of this page , so when i m
    taking print out of this page i m getting header on first page only
    and footer on only last page.but i wants header and footer on each
    page.So if we can set the browser setting through coding then its
    possible or any other way.
    If anybody is having solution please reply.
    Thanks
    Padam

    Padam, Nov 27, 2003
  8. Padam

    rf Guest

    "Padam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi mark
    > i didn't get solution yet of this. actually my problem is that i
    > have heml text and i m taking print out of this page , so when i m
    > taking print out of this page i m getting header on first page only
    > and footer on only last page.but i wants header and footer on each
    > page.So if we can set the browser setting through coding then its
    > possible or any other way.
    > If anybody is having solution please reply.
    > Thanks
    > Padam

    It can not be done.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 27, 2003
  9. Padam

    Padam Guest

    Hi
    This i required for both IE and NS because the site i have developed
    should be compatible with both IE and NS.If u have a solution please
    reply me soon
    Thanks
    Padam

    Padam, Nov 29, 2003
  10. Padam

    rf Guest

    "Padam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > This i required for both IE and NS because the site i have developed
    > should be compatible with both IE and NS.If u have a solution please
    > reply me soon

    Are you actually reading the replies to your post?

    You can not change the headers and footers used when a user prints a page.

    It does not matter how much you require it, you can not do it.

    Up until IE release 5.5 it was even impossible to affect these things with a
    program written to directly access the Internet Explorer custom control,
    without serious registry hacking and dialog subclassing. There has never,
    ever been any way to do anything with the headers and footers using HMTL. IE
    is a web browser. Printing a web page was added as an afterthought and
    control is very limited.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 29, 2003
  11. Padam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Sat, 29 Nov 2003 06:03:35 GMT, rf is reported to have
    stated:
    > You can not change the headers and footers used when a user prints a page.
    >
    > It does not matter how much you require it, you can not do it.

    <snip>
    > control is very limited.

    And rightly so. :)

    Mark Parnell, Dec 1, 2003