IE6, CSS & height in %

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Muffinman, Oct 31, 2005.

  1. Muffinman

    Muffinman Guest

    Howdy,

    A while ago I created a little website which has a little problem. I
    have defined all layers and frames in percentages, so if somebody
    reduces the size of the browser, it still looks fine. This works very
    well in Mozille and alike. However, in Internet Explorer 6 it doesn't.
    Somehow the height attribute in CSS is ignored if it is given in
    percentages. I have written it as below. Is there anyway I can solve
    this without having to define it in pixels..?

    Thanks in advance, Maarten

    #frame_menu {
    position: absolute;
    left: 2%;
    top: 2%;
    width: 22%;
    height: 80%;
    border: none;
    visibility: visible;
    background: #ffffff;
    z-index: 4;
    }

    <iframe onload="javascript:target_data()" src="5004230661"
    id="frame_menu" name="frame_menu" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0"
    marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

    Muffinman, Oct 31, 2005