IE6 doesn't display MHT files

altamir

Hello!

I've got a huge problem viewing MHT (Web Archive) files in IE6, which are
placed on the http server, for instace:

I've asked few users with IE6 to test it and this is what they get after
clicking on 'Show info' link:

1) everything is fine - browser renders info.mht correctly
2) browser shows info.mht source code
3) browser shows rectangle with a red cross, just like when image is not
present

What's interesting, when they save info.mht on their local hard drive and
run it under Windows Explorer everything is fine.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Jukka K. Korpela

altamir said:

I get "Unable to connect to remote host."

Please do not use forged domain names. In examples, use the .example
pseudo-domain if needed. If you want real help, post the real URL.

(I suspect wrong HTTP headers. But this is just a guess until we get the
URL.)

Daniel R. Tobias

altamir said:
I've got a huge problem viewing MHT (Web Archive) files in IE6, which are
placed on the http server, for instace:

What do other browsers (e.g., Mozilla) do with that file?

altamir

Please do not use forged domain names. In examples, use the .example
pseudo-domain if needed. If you want real help, post the real URL.
Ok.

(I suspect wrong HTTP headers. But this is just a guess until we get the
URL.)

Wish I could, but it's an intranet system.

altamir

Since when does IE pay attention to the mime type?

It does in a special way ;)
See 'MIME Type Detection in Internet Explorer' at http://tinyurl.com/ovi7
I've read this and think that I have to change something in the Windows
registry. I'd rather have a software to convert MHT (MHTML) files to DOCs
or PDFs.

Neal

Wish I could, but it's an intranet system.

Then post a dummy somewhere. Really. How does the mechanic fix your car
through Usenet without actually seeing it??