IE6 doesnt render the page properly whereas IE7 does

Guest

Hi all!

My ASP.NET 1.1 app is working perfectly in IE7, however, when I open some
page in IE6 they render as follows:
1. First dropdowns appear, then the rest of the page - looks ugly
2. When I click on a javascript which changes the cursor and navigates to
another page, the background looses the image and becomes white.
all that doesn't happen in IE7.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Kuldeep

Hi Alex

The functioning of DIV tags is quite different while dealing with IE-7 and
IE-6.
To deal with such variations, Web Developers generally make use different
CSS for different kind of browsers.
It all depends on the requirements, if it is to be a global Portal which can
be viewed in any browsers
then go in for multiple CSS files and on the other hand if it is just for
one particular browser then make sure
you inform the users about the constraints.

Kuldeep

Patrice

Hard to say . Bascially the idea is to try to narrow down the HTML construct
that causes this behavior (you could save the HTML source and then simplify
until you find this).

If not done you could try to validate the HTML page to make sure this is
correct (for example if you have mutliple attributes with the same name
which is not allowed a browser could choose to use the first one, combine
both, use the last one etc... causing the rendering to be different,
combining then those duplicated attributes as it should would then fix
this)...