IE6 how to avoid image resizing to fit window??

ghiro

i want to open a new window with a VERY big image in it... but explorer 6
resize the image to fit the window

how can i avoid that???

thanks

Els

ghiro said:
i want to open a new window with a VERY big image in it... but explorer 6
resize the image to fit the window

how can i avoid that???

By placing the image in it's own page. Only loose images are
resized by the browser. (not only IE)

SpaceGirl

ghiro said:
i want to open a new window with a VERY big image in it... but explorer 6
resize the image to fit the window

how can i avoid that???

thanks

Add the following meta tag into the header of your page:

That'll prevent IE resizing images, or poping up the little "save" button
when you hover the mouse over an image.

Els

SpaceGirl said:
No... silly.

:-(

Just read your reply to the OP; I knew the
prevents the little 'imagetoolbar' showing up on the page,
but how do you put it in a window with only a jpg? You need
a page first, don't you?
And if the image is in a page, does IE resize it?
Never noticed, really.

Have a look at these pictures (on pages of course, with no
meta tag to prevent the imagetoolbar). Make your window
smaller than 800x600 and see if the pics get resized?
They don't here, but maybe it's a browser setting?
http://locusmeus.com/dimage-z1/lions.html

Steve Pugh

SpaceGirl said:
No... silly.

What's silly about it? Els is 100% correct. Only images that are
displayed directly rather than as part of an HTML page are resized.
Are you getting confused with the image toolbar that pops up over
images? Whilst both features were introduced together and are linked
to a certain extent there are important differences, and this is one
of them.

Steve

Augustus

ghiro said:
i want to open a new window with a VERY big image in it... but explorer 6
resize the image to fit the window

how can i avoid that???

You can either put the image in a page where you can specify the dimensions
within the IMG tag

If it is just an image on its own (no page) then IE6 has a setting in it
that will automatically resize images

To disable that feature:
- open Internet Explorer
- click on TOOLS >> INTERNET OPTIONS
- click on the ADVANCED tab
- scroll down to Multimedia
- remove the check from the box "Enable Automatic Image Resizing"
- click OK

e n | c k m a

i want to open a new window with a VERY big image in it... but explorer 6
resize the image to fit the window

I suppose you could do it in CSS, couldn't you?... it's a little hacky, but
you could do it.

no-repeat);width:512px;height:512px">&nbsp;</div>

Toby A Inkster

The said:
I do not get to choose my visitor's browser.

Who said anything about visitors? The OP wrote:

| i want to open a new window with a VERY big image in it... but explorer
| 6 resize the image to fit the window

He (could be she, but we'll assume he until we know better) said that *he*
didn't want the image resized. He never indicated what his visitors wanted.

So "Don't use IE 6" is a perfectly valid solution. Alternatively, if he
insists on using such a buggy monstrosity, he could beat his way through
the Internet options screen in Control Panel to turn off the image
resizing feature.

Sid Ismail

:
: I suppose you could do it in CSS, couldn't you?... it's a little hacky, but
: you could do it.
:
: <div style="background:url(images/myImg.gif)
: no-repeat);width:512px;height:512px">&nbsp;</div>
:

Surely this doesn't resize, but crops?

Sid

e n | c k m a

Surely this doesn't resize, but crops?

It's not supposed to resize, you'd insert whatever width/height your image
had for the 512px value.