IE6 keeps displaying the XML source, not the data

Discussion in 'XML' started by jbmorla@gmail.com, Jun 23, 2006.

    I just posted this in the php forum, I have the feeling that my error
    is due to my Wamp 5 settings:

    I'm a newbie in XML/XSLT trying to get some HTML output from a simple
    XML source that starts with:

    QUOTE:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="letter2text.xsl" version="1.0"?>

    /QUOTE

    I ran phpinfo();
    Here is what I gathered:
    QUOTE:
    libxml
    libXML support active
    libXML Version 2.6.22
    libXML streams enabled

    SimpleXML
    Simplexml support enabled
    Revision $Revision: 1.151.2.10 $
    Schema support enabled

    xml
    XML Support active
    XML Namespace Support active
    libxml2 Version 2.6.22

    xmlreader
    XMLReader enabled

    xmlwriter
    XMLWriter enabled

    /QUOTE

    The problem is that I keep seeing the XML source in IE6, not the
    formatted data.

    Your help much appreciated

    , Jun 23, 2006

  2. Peter Flynn Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I just posted this in the php forum, I have the feeling that my error
    > is due to my Wamp 5 settings:
    >
    > I'm a newbie in XML/XSLT trying to get some HTML output from a simple
    > XML source that starts with:
    >

    > QUOTE:
    > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    > <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="letter2text.xsl" version="1.0"?>

    [snip]
    > The problem is that I keep seeing the XML source in IE6, not the
    > formatted data.

    1. Make sure that Windows hasn't capitalized any of your filenames.

    2. Make sure letter2test.xsl is in the same directory as your XML
    file

    3. Open the XML file using the file:// method, not as a disk file
    (or maybe MSIE requires use of the http:// method, in which case
    you'll have to upload XML and XSL to a server and retrieve them).

    Browsers are notoriously bad at handling XML/XSL. This kind of stuff
    is *much* better done server-side.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Jun 24, 2006

    Peter Flynn wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I just posted this in the php forum, I have the feeling that my error
    > > is due to my Wamp 5 settings:
    > >
    > > I'm a newbie in XML/XSLT trying to get some HTML output from a simple
    > > XML source that starts with:
    > >

    > > QUOTE:
    > > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    > > <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="letter2text.xsl" version="1.0"?>

    > [snip]
    > > The problem is that I keep seeing the XML source in IE6, not the
    > > formatted data.

    > 1. Make sure that Windows hasn't capitalized any of your filenames.
    >
    > 2. Make sure letter2test.xsl is in the same directory as your XML
    > file
    >
    > 3. Open the XML file using the file:// method, not as a disk file
    > (or maybe MSIE requires use of the http:// method, in which case
    > you'll have to upload XML and XSL to a server and retrieve them).
    >
    > Browsers are notoriously bad at handling XML/XSL. This kind of stuff
    > is *much* better done server-side.
    >
    > ///Peter

    Hi,

    I skipped a few chapters in the textbook
    and tried an XML/PHP example,
    it works fine.
    Now I have a value in the equation,
    I'll have to figure out why I can't get XSL to work.

    Many thanks for your reply #:)

    , Jun 24, 2006