IE6 layout drop problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by jonhrs@gmail.com, May 3, 2007.

    I have an intranet page which will be used by IE users only, primarily
    IE6 users.

    The problem is with the two column layout I have is that if there's a
    wide element in the main content of the page which is wider than the
    size of the window, the wide content drops to the bottom of the page.
    Can anyone assist with a simple way to overcome this? Thanks in
    advance.

    HTML posted below:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://
    www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <head>
    charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title>My IE layout drop problem</title>

    #Main
    {
    width:100%;
    height:auto;
    }

    #Header
    {
    height: 33px;
    line-height: 11px;
    background-color:cyan;
    height: 12px;
    }

    #LargeHeader
    {
    padding: 17px 0px 0px 2px;
    height: 55px;
    border-style: none;
    border-width: 0px 0px;
    background-color:blue;
    }

    #Menu
    {
    float:left;
    top:130px;
    left:0px;
    width:140px;
    height:440px;
    padding:5px;
    padding-bottom: 32767px;
    margin-bottom: -32767px;
    background-color: pink;
    }

    #Content
    {
    width:auto;
    margin: 0 0 0 155px;
    padding:5px;
    background-color:yellow;
    }

    #footer {
    background-color: aqua;
    clear: both;
    border: 1px solid #aaaaaa;
    padding: 0.5em 0.5em 0.5em 0.5em;
    text-align:center;
    font-size:smaller;
    }

    </head>

    Small Header

    <h1>Large header</h1>

    Menu goes down here.

    This is some content ...

    CellInAWideTable</td>
    CellInAWideTable CellInAWideTableCellInAWideTable</td>

    Footer Text

    , May 3, 2007

  2. Scripsit :

    > I have an intranet page which will be used by IE users only, primarily
    > IE6 users.

    Multiposting alert.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, May 3, 2007

    On 3 May, 10:34, "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:
    > Scripsit :
    >
    > > I have an intranet page which will be used by IE users only, primarily
    > > IE6 users.

    > Multiposting alert.
    >
    > --
    > Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Thanks for your help.

    , May 3, 2007
  4. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > On 3 May, 10:34, "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:
    > > Scripsit :
    > >
    > > > I have an intranet page which will be used by IE users only, primarily
    > > > IE6 users.

    > > Multiposting alert.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    > Thanks for your help.

    You should not be posting such a lot of code, url is the way to
    go. And as for multi posting, you better look up why this is
    frowned upon.

    As for your problem, start by looking at this:

    <http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/expandingboxbug.html

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 4, 2007