    some acute cookie problem.

    Thanks,
    Jussi

    jussi, Apr 21, 2004

  2. If you a sys admin... propagrate the pravicy settings through the network...
    If your a user who's tiered of doing all that for web sites that can't
    really on good old html when cookies etc... are disabled, move to mozilla or
    just use a keyboard macro (i recommened GameCommander... voice activated
    keyboard macros ^.^)
    If you actually require that for anything, then rebuild your site ;p or deal
    with people liking privacy ;p (unless ofcourse your running something with
    ..httaccess and if so a litle bit of documentation is all that should be
    required, and can usually prevent user-keyboard errors ;))

    Robert Diamond, Apr 21, 2004

  3. > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Edit >
    > Add to Address of Web Site: http://somewebsite.com >
    > Allow > OK > OK

    Why would there be a lock for your home if the key always can be found
    under the doormat?

    --
    -Gernot

    Post here, don't email. If you feel you have to mail, revert my
    forename from:

    Looking for a good game? Do it yourself!
    GLBasic - you can do
    www.GLBasic.com

    Gernot Frisch, Apr 21, 2004
  4. On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:21:15 +0300, jussi <> wrote:

    > One plain question, is there any possible Javascript code to do this IE6
    > fix with a keystroke:
    >
    > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Edit >
    > Add to Address of Web Site: http://somewebsite.com >
    > Allow > OK > OK
    >
    > I'm not planning any bogus business, code would be used only for solving
    > some acute cookie problem.

    The obvious answer is the correct one: no, you can't.

    If the point is maintain user preferences across pages, you could keep the
    session information on the server and place the session ID in the URL.

    If you would prefer to use cookies where possible, you can attempt to set
    a cookie then test on a subsequent request to see if the cookie was
    accepted.

    Though users can make uninformed choices, it is still their choice to
    make. You might try educating them, but you can't make decisions for them.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Apr 21, 2004