IE6 won't hide dynamically created span elements

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Nicholas said:
Well, that's part of the problem, isn't it? How is one to judge, unless
one regularly spends time reading the group?

The simplest and IMHO best approach for verification is to compare so-called
tutorials against the specs and then compare the specs against the reality,
i.e. perform field tests in all versions of all UAs on all platforms you
can access. That is how I started to learn the scripting languages
discussed here. *Thorough* reading of discussions in
de.comp.lang.javascript and this group, and then participating in them was
the next step. Even I, considering myself an intermediate, are still
learning. The field of client-side scripting is a wide one and has many
pitfalls, do not expect to learn everything about it overnight. And, of
course, do not expect a tutorial to provide this kind of knowledge.

HTH

PointedEars