    quirk or am I doing something wrong?

    Thank you,
    biff
    biff, Jul 8, 2007

  2. On 2007-07-08, biff wrote:
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1mdmy/ohmy.html
    >
    > The above site is more or less a template I use for a number of sites
    > that I create although the problem arises in other designs as well.
    > What's happening is if you open the site in Firefox 2, Opera 9, IE6 and
    > do a ctrl ++ the divs resize and stay within my viewport and no
    > horizontal scrolling. In IE7 the site just blows right out the right
    > side of my viewport and after one bump there's a horizontal scrollbar.
    >
    > What perplexes me even more is it you just resize the browser window IE7
    > acts like the other browsers and the site resizes fine. Is this a IE7
    > quirk or am I doing something wrong?

    I can't test it on IE7, but I would suggest that you get rid of
    some of the cruft in your stylesheet. Take a look at this for an
    example: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/ohmy.html>.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jul 8, 2007

  3. biff

    rf Guest

    "biff" <> wrote in message news:Ze7ki.11827$g44.8763@trnddc02...
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1mdmy/ohmy.html
    >
    > The above site is more or less a template I use for a number of sites that
    > I create although the problem arises in other designs as well. What's
    > happening is if you open the site in Firefox 2, Opera 9, IE6 and do a ctrl
    > ++ the divs resize and stay within my viewport and no horizontal
    > scrolling. In IE7 the site just blows right out the right side of my
    > viewport and after one bump there's a horizontal scrollbar.
    >
    > What perplexes me even more is it you just resize the browser window IE7
    > acts like the other browsers and the site resizes fine. Is this a IE7
    > quirk or am I doing something wrong?

    You are probably not doing anything wrong. This is the new IE7 zoom feature.
    To make you feel happier, use IE7 to view http://microsoft.com - you'll see
    the same thing. Pitiful, isn't it?.

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Jul 9, 2007
  4. On Jul 8, 7:45 pm, "rf" <> wrote:
    > You are probably not doing anything wrong. This is the new IE7 zoom feature.
    > To make you feel happier, use IE7 to viewhttp://microsoft.com- you'll see
    > the same thing. Pitiful, isn't it?.

    One man's pitiful is another man's holy grail.
    Travis Newbury, Jul 9, 2007
  5. biff

    biff Guest

    Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
    > On 2007-07-08, biff wrote:
    >> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1mdmy/ohmy.html
    >>
    >> The above site is more or less a template I use for a number of sites
    >> that I create although the problem arises in other designs as well.
    >> What's happening is if you open the site in Firefox 2, Opera 9, IE6 and
    >> do a ctrl ++ the divs resize and stay within my viewport and no
    >> horizontal scrolling. In IE7 the site just blows right out the right
    >> side of my viewport and after one bump there's a horizontal scrollbar.
    >>
    >> What perplexes me even more is it you just resize the browser window IE7
    >> acts like the other browsers and the site resizes fine. Is this a IE7
    >> quirk or am I doing something wrong?

    > I can't test it on IE7, but I would suggest that you get rid of
    > some of the cruft in your stylesheet. Take a look at this for an
    > example: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/ohmy.html>.

    Although your suggestions didn't solve the problem they were very good
    and have been implemented.

    Thank you very much
    biff, Jul 9, 2007
  6. biff

    biff Guest

    rf wrote:
    > "biff" <> wrote in message news:Ze7ki.11827$g44.8763@trnddc02...
    >> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1mdmy/ohmy.html
    >>
    >> The above site is more or less a template I use for a number of sites that
    >> I create although the problem arises in other designs as well. What's
    >> happening is if you open the site in Firefox 2, Opera 9, IE6 and do a ctrl
    >> ++ the divs resize and stay within my viewport and no horizontal
    >> scrolling. In IE7 the site just blows right out the right side of my
    >> viewport and after one bump there's a horizontal scrollbar.
    >>
    >> What perplexes me even more is it you just resize the browser window IE7
    >> acts like the other browsers and the site resizes fine. Is this a IE7
    >> quirk or am I doing something wrong?

    > You are probably not doing anything wrong. This is the new IE7 zoom feature.
    > To make you feel happier, use IE7 to view http://microsoft.com - you'll see
    > the same thing. Pitiful, isn't it?.

    I run linux for anything internet. Oddly enough the only thing I do with
    Windows is write web pages and that's only because I can't get my two
    favorite programs to work with wine. I didn't have IE7 till last week
    and swore I'd never have it till a friend of mine saw one of my sites in
    it and told me the menus didn't work. So of course now I see all the
    oddities that occur because of IE7 and am spending time fixing them. <sigh>
    biff, Jul 9, 2007