IE7 Javascript Errors

ameshkin

I have been unable to fidn a good JS debugger for IE7. Often times,
the same scripts work in firefox but crap out in IE7,

to see source code, do the following.

Go here
http://www.promoventures.com/quotes2/

Click on any icon, and click proceed.

Then click on next on the page after this.

Once you are on this url, then you are on the right page. In firefox,
it works fine, in IE7, it craps out. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
http://www.promoventures.com/quotes2/step-3.php

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

ameshkin said:
I have been unable to fidn a good JS debugger for IE7. Often times,
the same scripts work in firefox but crap out in IE7,

For reasons I don't understand, no IE/JScript debugger is listed in the FAQ:

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#debugging>

<FAQENTRY>

Several JScript debuggers have been mentioned before and IIRC were part of
the previous FAQ version already:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=I...g.javascript&start=10&sa=N&scoring=d&filter=0>

</FAQENTRY>

PointedEars

dhtml

ameshkin said:
I have been unable to fidn a good JS debugger for IE7. Often times,
the same scripts work in firefox but crap out in IE7,

The MS Script Editor comes with MS Office. The IE debugger, OTOH, is not
useful - it's the MS Script Editor that comes with MS Word that you want.

Fiddler is also useful. It's a proxy that works like the Net tab in Firebug.

I've added some of this info the FAQ:
http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html#debugging

Still preparing for rearranging the sections.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

dhtml said:
The MS Script Editor comes with MS Office. The IE debugger, OTOH, is not
useful - it's the MS Script Editor that comes with MS Word that you want.

Yeah, buy and install a full-blown office app to get a script debugger ...

IBTD! For most IE debugging purposes, the MS Script Debugger that you can
get for free is more than sufficient. If you cannot use it, that's your
fault instead.

PointedEars