    it works fine, in IE7, it craps out. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.
    http://www.promoventures.com/quotes2/step-3.php

    ameshkin, Nov 10, 2008

  2. ameshkin wrote:
    > I have been unable to fidn a good JS debugger for IE7. Often times,
    > the same scripts work in firefox but crap out in IE7,

    For reasons I don't understand, no IE/JScript debugger is listed in the FAQ:

    <http://jibbering.com/faq/#debugging>

    <FAQENTRY>

    Several JScript debuggers have been mentioned before and IIRC were part of
    the previous FAQ version already:

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=IE+OR+JScript+debugger+group%3Acomp.lang.javascript&start=10&sa=N&scoring=d&filter=0>

    </FAQENTRY>

    PointedEars
    will want to steal it.)

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 10, 2008

  3. ameshkin

    dhtml Guest

    ameshkin wrote:
    > I have been unable to fidn a good JS debugger for IE7. Often times,
    > the same scripts work in firefox but crap out in IE7,

    The MS Script Editor comes with MS Office. The IE debugger, OTOH, is not
    useful - it's the MS Script Editor that comes with MS Word that you want.

    Fiddler is also useful. It's a proxy that works like the Net tab in Firebug.

    I've added some of this info the FAQ:
    http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html#debugging

    Still preparing for rearranging the sections.

    --
    comp.lang.javascript FAQ <URL: http://jibbering.com/faq/ >

    dhtml, Nov 15, 2008
  4. dhtml wrote:
    > ameshkin wrote:
    >> I have been unable to fidn a good JS debugger for IE7. Often times,
    >> the same scripts work in firefox but crap out in IE7,

    > The MS Script Editor comes with MS Office. The IE debugger, OTOH, is not
    > useful - it's the MS Script Editor that comes with MS Word that you want.

    Yeah, buy and install a full-blown office app to get a script debugger ...

    IBTD! For most IE debugging purposes, the MS Script Debugger that you can
    get for free is more than sufficient. If you cannot use it, that's your
    fault instead.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 15, 2008
  5. In comp.lang.javascript message <gfn5de$7gk$>, Sat,
    15 Nov 2008 10:46:02, dhtml <> posted:

    >The MS Script Editor comes with MS Office.

    Will you need to add a version number or location? I don't at present
    see it in Office 2003.

    Dr J R Stockton, Nov 16, 2008
  6. ameshkin

    RobG Guest

    On Nov 17, 2:41 am, Dr J R Stockton <> wrote:
    > In comp.lang.javascript message <gfn5de$>, Sat,
    > 15 Nov 2008 10:46:02, dhtml <> posted:
    >

    > >The MS Script Editor comes with MS Office.

    > Will you need to add a version number or location? I don't at present
    > see it in Office 2003.

    There are instructions for installation and tips for use here:

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Nov 17, 2008