IE7 not displaying bottom border of element

freemont

http://thomaselectricalservicesinc.com

Here on the home page, at bottom left, there is a small floated paragraph
inside a div. ("Email Thomas...") In IE7 only, the bottom border isn't
showing, at least not here.

In experimenting, I scooted the thing up to before the "pledge" part and
in IE7 it disappears completely. When sitting above that pledge, it shows
correctly. I added an explicit 10px black bottom border to it and that
doesn't show either. It's as though IE7 is cutting off the legs of that
div.

Known IE7 bug? Any suggestions?

Neredbojias

http://thomaselectricalservicesinc.com

Here on the home page, at bottom left, there is a small floated paragraph
inside a div. ("Email Thomas...") In IE7 only, the bottom border isn't
showing, at least not here.

In experimenting, I scooted the thing up to before the "pledge" part and
in IE7 it disappears completely. When sitting above that pledge, it shows
correctly. I added an explicit 10px black bottom border to it and that
doesn't show either. It's as though IE7 is cutting off the legs of that
div.

I haven't really analyzed this as to why it's peculiar to ie7, but if you
add:

position:relative;z-index:2;

.box_left { }

it puts it in front.

PS: There may be another "more-real" problem but I need a beer.

Gufus

Hi freemont,

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:[email protected]
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... That's not a bug. It's an undocumented Feature.

freemont

I haven't really analyzed this as to why it's peculiar to ie7, but if you
add:

position:relative;z-index:2;

.box_left { }

it puts it in front.

Works for me. I'll blame it on more IE wierdness. Many thanks!
PS: There may be another "more-real" problem but I need a beer.

Understood.