    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
    freemont, Mar 18, 2008

  2. freemont

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 18 Mar 2008, freemont wrote:

    > http://thomaselectricalservicesinc.com
    >
    > Here on the home page, at bottom left, there is a small floated paragraph
    > inside a div. ("Email Thomas...") In IE7 only, the bottom border isn't
    > showing, at least not here.
    >
    > In experimenting, I scooted the thing up to before the "pledge" part and
    > in IE7 it disappears completely. When sitting above that pledge, it shows
    > correctly. I added an explicit 10px black bottom border to it and that
    > doesn't show either. It's as though IE7 is cutting off the legs of that
    > div.

    I haven't really analyzed this as to why it's peculiar to ie7, but if you
    add:

    position:relative;z-index:2;

    .box_left { }

    it puts it in front.

    PS: There may be another "more-real" problem but I need a beer.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/
    Neredbojias, Mar 18, 2008

  3. freemont

    Gufus Guest

    Hi freemont,

    --
    K Klement

    Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
    mailto:
    Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

    .... That's not a bug. It's an undocumented Feature.
    Gufus, Mar 18, 2008
  4. freemont

    freemont Guest

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:51:21 +0000, Gufus writ:

    > Hi freemont,
    >
    > Tuesday March 18 2008, freemont writes to All:

    > > http://thomaselectricalservicesinc.com

    > > Here on the home page, at bottom left, there is a small
    > > floated paragraph inside a div. ("Email Thomas...") In IE7
    > > only, the bottom border isn't showing, at least not here.

    > > In experimenting, I scooted the thing up to before the
    > > "pledge" part and in IE7 it disappears completely. When
    > > sitting above that pledge, it shows correctly. I added an
    > > explicit 10px black bottom border to it and that doesn't
    > > show either. It's as though IE7 is cutting off the legs of
    > > that div.

    > > Known IE7 bug? Any suggestions?

    > > --
    > > "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    > > `..`-> freemont <-`..

    > > -+- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    > > + Origin: Calgary Organization CDN Fidonet-Internet Gateway
    > > (1:342/77.10)

    Is there a response in here that I'm missing? Or just an opportunity to
    spam a sig url?

    freemont, Mar 19, 2008
  5. freemont

    freemont Guest

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:59:02 +0000, Neredbojias writ:

    > I haven't really analyzed this as to why it's peculiar to ie7, but if you
    > add:
    >
    > position:relative;z-index:2;

    > .box_left { }
    >
    > it puts it in front.

    Works for me. I'll blame it on more IE wierdness. Many thanks!

    > PS: There may be another "more-real" problem but I need a beer.

    Understood.

    freemont, Mar 19, 2008