    downloading from Microsoft updates do not get any rude surprises after
    they install IE7. I don't know if this update is worldwide or is just
    in the US at this time.

    cwdjrxyz, Nov 2, 2006

  2. cwdjrxyz

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "cwdjrxyz" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This morning I had an alert that upgrades for Windows XP home were
    > available. I do not allow automatic download and instillation as I like
    > to check what is offered first. The IE7 was the only update offered,
    > and it was listed as a high priority one at that. I suspect that it
    > might automatically download and install for those set up to do so.
    > This appears to be the final release of IE7 as no mention of beta, etc.
    > is made. I decided to wait until I hear reports concerning possible
    > bugs. This is no bother for me, since I usually use another browser
    > anyway. I hope that those who do not pay attention to what they are
    > downloading from Microsoft updates do not get any rude surprises after
    > they install IE7. I don't know if this update is worldwide or is just
    > in the US at this time.

    I got the same alert on one of my servers yesterday (and my desktop pc
    today). I'm in the UK, so I assume its now a global update. Like you I'm
    going to hold fire on it for a while.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Brian Cryer wote:
    > "cwdjrxyz" <> wrote in message
    > > This morning I had an alert that upgrades for Windows XP home were
    > > available. I do not allow automatic download and instillation as I like
    > > to check what is offered first. The IE7 was the only update offered,
    > > and it was listed as a high priority one at that. I suspect that it
    > > might automatically download and install for those set up to do so.
    > > This appears to be the final release of IE7 as no mention of beta, etc.
    > > is made. I decided to wait until I hear reports concerning possible
    > > bugs. This is no bother for me, since I usually use another browser
    > > anyway. I hope that those who do not pay attention to what they are
    > > downloading from Microsoft updates do not get any rude surprises after
    > > they install IE7. I don't know if this update is worldwide or is just
    > > in the US at this time.

    > I got the same alert on one of my servers yesterday (and my desktop pc
    > today). I'm in the UK, so I assume its now a global update. Like you I'm
    > going to hold fire on it for a while.

    My boss has a program called HP Director that controls her
    printer/fax/scanner. When we installed IE7 a few months ago, it
    stopped working. We had to uninstall it. Perhaps M$ has fixed the
    bug, but "downloader" beware.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at work
    Administrator nextBlock.com