IE7 now is a high priority update for Windows XP

cwdjrxyz

This morning I had an alert that upgrades for Windows XP home were
available. I do not allow automatic download and instillation as I like
to check what is offered first. The IE7 was the only update offered,
and it was listed as a high priority one at that. I suspect that it
might automatically download and install for those set up to do so.
This appears to be the final release of IE7 as no mention of beta, etc.
is made. I decided to wait until I hear reports concerning possible
bugs. This is no bother for me, since I usually use another browser
anyway. I hope that those who do not pay attention to what they are
downloading from Microsoft updates do not get any rude surprises after
they install IE7. I don't know if this update is worldwide or is just
in the US at this time.

Brian Cryer

cwdjrxyz said:
This morning I had an alert that upgrades for Windows XP home were
available. I do not allow automatic download and instillation as I like
to check what is offered first. The IE7 was the only update offered,
and it was listed as a high priority one at that. I suspect that it
might automatically download and install for those set up to do so.
This appears to be the final release of IE7 as no mention of beta, etc.
is made. I decided to wait until I hear reports concerning possible
bugs. This is no bother for me, since I usually use another browser
anyway. I hope that those who do not pay attention to what they are
downloading from Microsoft updates do not get any rude surprises after
they install IE7. I don't know if this update is worldwide or is just
in the US at this time.

I got the same alert on one of my servers yesterday (and my desktop pc
today). I'm in the UK, so I assume its now a global update. Like you I'm
going to hold fire on it for a while.

Adrienne Boswell

Brian Cryer wote:
I got the same alert on one of my servers yesterday (and my desktop pc
today). I'm in the UK, so I assume its now a global update. Like you I'm
going to hold fire on it for a while.

My boss has a program called HP Director that controls her
printer/fax/scanner. When we installed IE7 a few months ago, it
stopped working. We had to uninstall it. Perhaps M$ has fixed the
bug, but "downloader" beware.