IE7 rending problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by TARUN, Nov 16, 2007.

  1. TARUN

    TARUN Guest

    Hello All,

    I want to know the modification required to change the stylesheet for
    IE7.
    My application UI is perfectly render by IE6 but in the case of IE7,
    am getting some layout problem as following.

    Please suggest me the reason why it is happen and what are the
    changes
    required to make my application layout display perfectly as in IE6.
    I have also gone throught from

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Bb250496.aspx

    But did not find anything productive.

    Thank and regards
    Tarun Sinha .
    TARUN, Nov 16, 2007

  2. This is more a css question then a asp.net question.
    Can we see the page its hard to know what problems your having

    ThatsIT.net.au, Nov 16, 2007

  3. "TARUN" <> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I want to know the modification required to change the stylesheet for
    > IE7.
    > My application UI is perfectly render by IE6 but in the case of IE7,
    > am getting some layout problem as following.
    >

    > Please suggest me the reason why it is happen and what are the
    > changes
    > required to make my application layout display perfectly as in IE6.
    > I have also gone throught from
    >

    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Bb250496.aspx
    >

    > But did not find anything productive.

    Umm... its a bit difficult to help you when you haven't shown us anything
    specific that you need help with.

    If you only want things to work well in IE7 and IE6 then delete the the
    <!DOCTYPE line at the top of the page. That puts IE7 in quirksmode and
    produces identical output in IE6. Once thing look right in IE6 they will in
    IE7

    However I suspect you are suffering from bugs in IE6 implementation of the
    standard CSS. Yes I know it looks fine in IE6 at the moment but its doing
    so by using faulty CSS. IE7 on the OTH has fixed some of these bugs so the
    faulty CSS produces faulty results when viewed with IE7.

    Of course this is all guess work because you haven't actually shown us whats
    wrong.

    BTW, what does this have to do with ASP.NET anyway?

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Nov 16, 2007