    using IE7 just recently. any news on this?
    tia,
    mcnewsxp
    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010

  2. Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 10, 2010

  3. mcnewsxp

    mcnewsxp Guest

    jeepers that was quick!
    nice to know this is a busy group at least.

    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010
  4. mcnewsxp

    dorayme Guest

    In article <hn8qdk$b9h$-september.org>,
    "mcnewsxp" <> wrote:

    > jeepers that was quick!
    > nice to know this is a busy group at least.
    >
    > "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote in message
    > > mcnewsxp wrote:
    > >
    > >> align="center" stopped working properly for one of my larger tables

    > > Multiposting alert.

    Top poster alert. <g>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 10, 2010
  5. mcnewsxp

    mcnewsxp Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <hn8qdk$b9h$-september.org>,
    > "mcnewsxp" <> wrote:
    >
    >> jeepers that was quick!
    >> nice to know this is a busy group at least.
    >>
    >> "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote in message

    >> > Multiposting alert.

    > Top poster alert. <g>
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    funny.
    i don't use outlook express often so i forget....
    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010
  6. mcnewsxp

    dorayme Guest

    In article <hn8tcm$ad$-september.org>,
    "mcnewsxp" <> wrote:

> [...]

    URL?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 10, 2010
  7. mcnewsxp

    GTalbot Guest

    GTalbot, Mar 10, 2010
  8. mcnewsxp

    mcnewsxp Guest

    sorry - i've been double posting apparently. there are some groups that
    aren't quite as busy as these seem to be so you can wait for days for a
    reply.
    anyway, my question should have been has anyone heard of any changes or bug
    reports that would cause IE7 to treat an old tag any differently. i am
    capable of fixing the bug that i see and already have fixed it on one page,
    but i would like to have an explaination of why i am wasting time on such a
    goofy fix. i have a hundred or so pages with this same new bug.
    so if you experts haven't heard about any weirdness i'll move on.
    thanks much.
    mcnewsxp
    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010
  9. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "mcnewsxp"
    <> writing in

    > sorry - i've been double posting apparently. there are some groups
    > that aren't quite as busy as these seem to be so you can wait for days
    > for a reply.

    Your best bet is to crosspost, not multipost.

    > anyway, my question should have been has anyone heard of any changes
    > or bug reports that would cause IE7 to treat an old tag any
    > differently.

    align="center" is deprecated in favor of CSS

    > i am capable of fixing the bug that i see and already
    > have fixed it on one page, but i would like to have an explaination of
    > why i am wasting time on such a goofy fix. i have a hundred or so
    > pages with this same new bug. so if you experts haven't heard about
    > any weirdness i'll move on. thanks much.
    > mcnewsxp

    It really all depends on WHERE you want to use this center alignment.
    Is it for a heading, a table header, something else? This is why a URL
    would really be helpful.

    Please don't post markup. Post a URL. If you don't have a URL, then
    you can post something on a free server somewhere. Your ISP might have
    free space for you, or you can post something over at
    http://000webhost.com for free.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 10, 2010
  10. mcnewsxp

    mcnewsxp Guest

    i tried using a style too, but that didn't work either. i saw that align
    had been depreciated via google search.

    the align="center" is in almost every cell of a 11 column 12 row table.
    there are other smaller tables on the page that center just fine. they also
    have fixed widths.

    if i use percentage widths i don't have this problem on this table. but i
    have many pages to fix so i need to explain why i am fixing them.

    i can't post the URL because it could open other cans of worms. i work for
    the government.

    thanks for your help.
    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010
  11. mcnewsxp

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <
    m>,
    GTalbot <> wrote:

    > On 10 mar, 15:01, dorayme <> wrote:
    >
    > > URL?
    > > --
    > > dorayme

    > Huh..
    >
    > http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/
    >
    > right? :) <g>

    A possibly relevant URL of mine to this OP might be:

    <http://netweaver.com.au/centring/>

    Maybe next Xmas break I will revise this one...

    (btw there is a link to you in this last!)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 10, 2010
  12. mcnewsxp

    mcnewsxp Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <
    > m>,
    > GTalbot <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 10 mar, 15:01, dorayme <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > URL?
    >> > --
    >> > dorayme

    >> Huh..
    >>
    >> http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/
    >>
    >> right? :) <g>
    >>

    > A possibly relevant URL of mine to this OP might be:
    >
    > <http://netweaver.com.au/centring/>
    >
    > Maybe next Xmas break I will revise this one...
    >
    > (btw there is a link to you in this last!)
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    tried it. no joy.
    qwazy....!
    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010
  13. mcnewsxp

    freemont Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:14:09 -0500, mcnewsxp writ:

    > i tried using a style too, but that didn't work either. i saw that
    > align had been depreciated via google search.
    >
    > the align="center" is in almost every cell of a 11 column 12 row table.
    > there are other smaller tables on the page that center just fine. they
    > also have fixed widths.
    >
    > if i use percentage widths i don't have this problem on this table. but
    > i have many pages to fix so i need to explain why i am fixing them.
    >
    > i can't post the URL because it could open other cans of worms. i work
    > for the government.
    >
    > thanks for your help.

    In your stylesheet:

    table {text-align:center}

    should center the cell contents.

    A simple search and replace will get rid of all the align attributes.
    --
    â‚ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    freemont, Mar 10, 2010
  14. mcnewsxp

    mcnewsxp Guest

    "freemont" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:14:09 -0500, mcnewsxp writ:
    >
    >> i tried using a style too, but that didn't work either. i saw that
    >> align had been depreciated via google search.
    >>
    >> the align="center" is in almost every cell of a 11 column 12 row table.
    >> there are other smaller tables on the page that center just fine. they
    >> also have fixed widths.
    >>
    >> if i use percentage widths i don't have this problem on this table. but
    >> i have many pages to fix so i need to explain why i am fixing them.
    >>
    >> i can't post the URL because it could open other cans of worms. i work
    >> for the government.
    >>
    >> thanks for your help.

    > In your stylesheet:
    >
    > table {text-align:center}
    >
    > should center the cell contents.
    >
    > A simple search and replace will get rid of all the align attributes.
    > --

    really - i tried that. no worky. changing the width to use percentage
    instead of fixed works tho.
    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010
  15. mcnewsxp

    mcnewsxp Guest

    "freemont" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:56:36 -0500, mcnewsxp writ:
    >
    >> "freemont" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:14:09 -0500, mcnewsxp writ:

    >>> In your stylesheet:
    >>>
    >>> table {text-align:center}
    >>>
    >>> should center the cell contents.
    >>>
    >>> A simple search and replace will get rid of all the align attributes.
    >>> --

    >> really - i tried that. no worky. changing the width to use percentage
    >> instead of fixed works tho.

    > There must be something else affecting it, then. Upload a test page
    > somewhere or just forget it.
    > --

    i'll see if i can get a page up somewhere when i get to the office tomorrow.
    i would like to know what's really going on - if possible.
    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010
  16. mcnewsxp

    freemont Guest

    freemont, Mar 10, 2010
  17. mcnewsxp

    dorayme Guest

    In article <hn931u$atf$-september.org>,
    "mcnewsxp" <> wrote:

    > > A possibly relevant URL of mine to this OP might be:
    > >
    > > <http://netweaver.com.au/centring/>
    > >
    > > Maybe next Xmas break I will revise this one...
    > >
    > > (btw there is a link to you in this last!)

    > tried it. no joy.
    > qwazy....!

    Tried what in what respect? Are you a minimalist usenet artiste?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 10, 2010
  18. mcnewsxp

    dorayme Guest

    In article <hn956c$r45$-september.org>,
    "mcnewsxp" <> wrote:

    > i'll see if i can get a page up somewhere when i get to the office tomorrow.
    > i would like to know what's really going on - if possible.

    Try to make a valid html doc. Have a doctype, a head section and
    so on and test it for validation first at

    <http://validator.w3.org/>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 10, 2010
  19. mcnewsxp

    mcnewsxp Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <hn931u$atf$-september.org>,
    > "mcnewsxp" <> wrote:
    >
    >> > A possibly relevant URL of mine to this OP might be:
    >> >
    >> > <http://netweaver.com.au/centring/>
    >> >
    >> > Maybe next Xmas break I will revise this one...
    >> >
    >> > (btw there is a link to you in this last!)

    >> tried it. no joy.
    >> qwazy....!

    > Tried what in what respect? Are you a minimalist usenet artiste?
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    i do try to keep yak etc to a minimum.
    tried using style on the <div> and <td> s.
    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010
  20. mcnewsxp

    mcnewsxp Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <hn956c$r45$-september.org>,
    > "mcnewsxp" <> wrote:
    >
    >> i'll see if i can get a page up somewhere when i get to the office
    >> tomorrow.
    >> i would like to know what's really going on - if possible.

    > Try to make a valid html doc. Have a doctype, a head section and
    > so on and test it for validation first at
    >
    > <http://validator.w3.org/>
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    i have to validate the page each week for 508 so nothing new.
    mcnewsxp, Mar 10, 2010