    convert decimal values to IEEE values to send out on a network.

    This is to be written in C, compiled under Borland C++5.2.

    Thanks,
    GooglePoster, Aug 29, 2003

  2. GooglePoster wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am looking for a function/utility to read in an IEEE value and
    > convert this to decimal, for testing purposes. Also, I need to
    > convert decimal values to IEEE values to send out on a network.

    What do you mean by IEEE value? If you mean IEEE floats then it is
    almost certain that your hardware platform stores floats in this format
    already.

    Also, what do you mean by decimal? Do you mean a textual represntation
    of the floating point number? If so then the standard printf() can
    display floats like this.

    --
    Paul Richards

    Sun Microsystems, Advanced Development