IErrorInfo.GetDescription failed with E_FAIL(0x80004005) error when calling the Fill method

Nathan Sokalski

I am recieving the following error message when I call the Fill() method in
ASP.NET/VB.NET:

IErrorInfo.GetDescription failed with E_FAIL(0x80004005).

I have looked for help on this error on the web, and every site I found said
it is caused by using a keyword as a fieldname in my database. However, I
have checked and am pretty sure that none of my fieldnames are keywords.
Here is the SQL statement I am executing (I am using Microsoft Access as my
database):

SELECT headline,url,summary,updated FROM worldnews EXCEPT (SELECT
headline,url,summary,updated FROM worldnews WHERE newssection='Archives'
UNION SELECT TOP 5 headline,url,summary,updated FROM worldnews WHERE
newssection='Archives' UNION SELECT TOP 5 headline,url,summary,updated FROM
worldnews WHERE newssection='Main') ORDER BY displayorder DESC

Also, if I execute the following statement, which you will notice involves
the same table and fields, on the same database:

SELECT TOP 5 headline,url,summary,updated FROM worldnews WHERE
newssection='Main' ORDER BY displayorder DESC

It executes as expected with no problem. What is the problem here? Did I
make a syntax error in the SQL statement that is giving me a problem? Is the
error because the query will return 0 records (The database does not have
many records yet since the site is not yet live)? Thanks.