    thanks
    Menon

    http://www.usenet.com
    menon, Feb 23, 2004

  2. menon

    EricJ Guest

    Did you do everithing stated in the readme.txt (i know its stupid but it can
    act up if dont do EVERITHING in there like creating the sample app)
    readme in the zip file
    (the first time i deployed a web forms app it took me a looong time to get
    everithing working)

    good luck :)

    eric

    =====================================
    Internet Explorer Web Controls README
    =====================================
    Last updated: 1/14/2002

    Thank you for downloading the IE Web Controls source code release! The Src
    folder contains the source code for the IE MultiPage, ToolBar, TreeView, and
    TabStrip controls, along with related base classes and design-time support.

    To build the IE Web Controls:

    1. Make sure you have installed the .NET Framework SDK v1.0 or v1.1
    2. Run Build.bat, which will create a build folder in this directory.
    The build folder contains Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll and a
    Runtime directory of supporting files.

    To run the IE Web Controls:

    1. Copy the contents of the Runtime directory to the webctrl_client\1_0
    directory under your top-level site directory. For example, if your
    site root is c:\Inetpub\wwwroot, type this at the command prompt:

    xcopy /s /i .\build\Runtime c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1_0 /y

    This will create the following directory structure under the site:

    /webctrl_client/1_0
    MultiPage.htc
    TabStrip.htc
    toolbar.htc
    treeview.htc
    webservice.htc
    webserviced.htc
    [images]
    [treeimages]

    2. Create a new web application in IIS and copy the contents of the
    samples directory to this application directory. For example:

    xcopy /s /i .\samples c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sampleapp /y

    3. Create a /bin subdirectory for the application and copy the file
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to this directory.

    The contents of the application will be as follows:

    /sampleapp
    multipage.aspx
    state_city.xml
    tabstrip.aspx
    toolbar.aspx
    treeview.aspx
    treeview_bound.aspx
    /bin
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll

    4. Request the sample pages from your Internet Explorer web browser, for
    example: http://localhost/sampleapp/multipage.aspx

    For additional documentation and samples visit:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/webcontrols/webcontrols_entry.asp

    EricJ, Feb 23, 2004

  3. menon

    menon Guest

    We did follow the same instructions as mentioned in the readme. Does
    the webcontrols have some issues with win2003 server.? Win2003 server
    has the framework preinsalled.

    thanks
    Menon

    http://www.usenet.com
    menon, Feb 24, 2004
  4. menon

    EricJ Guest

    i will be able to tell you that in a few weeks (first deployment on a 2003)
    lets hope not
    if you have access to the server you could try the remote debugging of vs
    (haven't done that myself but it could tell you more)

    EricJ, Feb 24, 2004
  5. menon

    menon Guest

    We have access to the server. But VS is not installed on the server.

    Menon

    http://www.usenet.com
    menon, Feb 24, 2004
  6. menon

    EricJ Guest

    if it is your server you might consider that ;)
    but i'm afraid i can't help you :/

    if someone else has a clue ?

    EricJ, Feb 24, 2004