IEXPLORE.EXE.config

Marian Veteanu

Hello,

I have an HTML page that contains an <OBJECT> tag:

<OBJECT id='XfdContainer'
classid='http://localhost/XfdRuntime/StarLIM...tarLIMS.Web.XfdRuntime.XfdViewer.XfdContainer'
VIEWASTEXT>
</OBJECT>

The StarLIMS.Web.XfdRuntime.dll assembly and the other statically
linked assemblies (at compile time) are downloaded successfully. The
problem appears when I try to load an assembly dynamically. The
virtual directory that contains all binary assemblies:
http://localhost/XfdRuntime/

To fix this problem I've create an IEXPLORE.EXE.config file under
http://localhost with this content:

<configuration>
<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<probing privatePath="XfdRuntime"/>
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
</configuration>

I don't like this solution too much, so I'm wondering if there is any
other method to solve the problem of location assemblies. I don't want
to install them in GAC.

Thank you,