if condition in process without sensitivity list

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by ALuPin@web.de, Jul 3, 2008.

    I have the following process without sensitivity list:

    p_trigger: process
    begin
    for i in 0 to 10 loop

    wait until ls_trigger='1';

    if ls_falling_edge_enable='1' then
    wait until ls_trigger='0';
    end if;

    end loop;
    wait;
    end process p_trigger;

    Will the if branch be entered if "ls_falling_edge_enable" becomes
    '1' ?
    Thank you for your opinion.

    Rgds
    Andre
    , Jul 3, 2008

  2. KJ Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the following process without sensitivity list:
    >
    > p_trigger: process
    > begin
    > for i in 0 to 10 loop
    >
    > wait until ls_trigger='1';
    >
    > if ls_falling_edge_enable='1' then
    > wait until ls_trigger='0';
    > end if;
    >
    > end loop;
    > wait;
    > end process p_trigger;
    >
    > Will the if branch be entered if "ls_falling_edge_enable" becomes
    > '1' ?
    > Thank you for your opinion.

    Only if 'ls_falling_edge_enable' happens to be '1' at the time when
    ls_trigger *changes* to a '1'. If it is not then the if condition is false
    the loop goes back around and waits until ls_trigger changes to a '1' again.

    KJ
    KJ, Jul 3, 2008