    session would get lost and would global variable(static, or
    application variable) get lost too??

    Thanks very much.
    lander, Mar 5, 2008

  2. Re: If I create a page, then it's compiled upon first request, where can i find the compiled code??

    Hello lander,

    l> If I create a page, then it's compiled upon first request, where can
    l> i find the compiled code?

    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\<version>\Temporary ASP.NET files

    l> And another question, since aspnet_wp.exe is recycled sometimes, so
    l> session would get lost and would global variable(static, or
    l> application variable) get lost too??

    not the aspnet, but the IIS application pool too

    ---
    WBR,

    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Mar 5, 2008

  3. lander

    lander Guest

    On 3ÔÂ5ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç1ʱ16·Ö, Michael Nemtsev [MVP] <> wrote:
    > Hello lander,
    >
    > l> If I create a page, then it's compiled upon first request, where can
    > l> i find the compiled code?
    >
    > c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\<version>\Temporary ASP.NET files
    >
    > l> And another question, since aspnet_wp.exe is recycled sometimes, so
    > l> session would get lost and would global variable(static, or
    > l> application variable) get lost too??
    >
    > not the aspnet, but the IIS application pool too
    >
    > ---
    > WBR,
    > Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    As for the second question, do you mean aspnet and IIS both pool the
    session&Global data? So when aspnet_wp.exe recycles,largely they won't
    get lost ?
    lander, Mar 5, 2008
  4. Re: If I create a page, then it's compiled upon first request, where can i find the compiled code??

    Hello lander,

    It depends where you store your sesson. If in InProc mode then your session
    can't survive restart, because it was store in memory.
    You need to use SQL Session mode to partly guarantee that your session will
    be alive after restart

    ---
    WBR,

    l> As for the second question, do you mean aspnet and IIS both pool the
    l> session&Global data? So when aspnet_wp.exe recycles,largely they
    l> won't get lost ?
    l>
    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Mar 5, 2008
  5. lander

    lander Guest

    On 3ÔÂ5ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç8ʱ46·Ö, Michael Nemtsev [MVP] <> wrote:
    > Hello lander,
    >
    > It depends where you store your sesson. If in InProc mode then your session
    > can't survive restart, because it was store in memory.
    > You need to use SQL Session mode to partly guarantee that your session will
    > be alive after restart
    >
    > ---
    > WBR,
    > Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    > l> As for the second question, do you mean aspnet and IIS both pool the
    > l> session&Global data? So when aspnet_wp.exe recycles,largely they
    > l> won't get lost ?
    > l>

    1, if I choose InProc, is it stored in aspnet_wp.exe?
    2, if i store in state server, how often will it get lost? Or what it
    mostly depends on in order to avoid getting lost?

    Tom
    Thanks!
    lander, Mar 5, 2008
  6. lander

    bruce barker Guest

    Re: If I create a page, then it's compiled upon first request, whe

    when asp.net recycles, the appdomain is unloaded, so all .net statics (which
    is what inproc session uses) are lost. if you use out of proc sessions, they
    will not be lost by a recycle.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 5, 2008