If I create a page, then it's compiled upon first request, where cani find the compiled code??

lander

If I create a page, then it's compiled upon first request, where can
i find the compiled code?

And another question, since aspnet_wp.exe is recycled sometimes, so
session would get lost and would global variable(static, or
application variable) get lost too??

Thanks very much.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello lander,

l> If I create a page, then it's compiled upon first request, where can
l> i find the compiled code?

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\<version>\Temporary ASP.NET files

l> And another question, since aspnet_wp.exe is recycled sometimes, so
l> session would get lost and would global variable(static, or
l> application variable) get lost too??

not the aspnet, but the IIS application pool too

---
WBR,

lander

Hello lander,

l> If I create a page, then it's compiled upon first request, where can
l> i find the compiled code?

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\<version>\Temporary ASP.NET files

l> And another question, since aspnet_wp.exe is recycled sometimes, so
l> session would get lost and would global variable(static, or
l> application variable) get lost too??

not the aspnet, but the IIS application pool too

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour

As for the second question, do you mean aspnet and IIS both pool the
session&Global data? So when aspnet_wp.exe recycles,largely they won't
get lost ?

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello lander,

It depends where you store your sesson. If in InProc mode then your session
can't survive restart, because it was store in memory.
You need to use SQL Session mode to partly guarantee that your session will
be alive after restart

---
WBR,

l> As for the second question, do you mean aspnet and IIS both pool the
l> session&Global data? So when aspnet_wp.exe recycles,largely they
l> won't get lost ?
l>

lander

Hello lander,

It depends where you store your sesson. If in InProc mode then your session
can't survive restart, because it was store in memory.
You need to use SQL Session mode to partly guarantee that your session will
be alive after restart

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour

l> As for the second question, do you mean aspnet and IIS both pool the
l> session&Global data? So when aspnet_wp.exe recycles,largely they
l> won't get lost ?
l>

1, if I choose InProc, is it stored in aspnet_wp.exe?
2, if i store in state server, how often will it get lost? Or what it
mostly depends on in order to avoid getting lost?

Tom
Thanks!

bruce barker

when asp.net recycles, the appdomain is unloaded, so all .net statics (which
is what inproc session uses) are lost. if you use out of proc sessions, they
will not be lost by a recycle.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)