If I do not want to put the current page in the IE history, how can I do it ?

Junjie Wang

It seems the aspx always is saved in IE history, how to write aspx that make
IE does not save it ?

Thanks.

-Junjie

Kevin Spencer

It seems the aspx always is saved in IE history, how to write aspx that
make
IE does not save it ?

Can't be done. However, if you tell us what you're tying to achieve (not
HOW, but WHAT, in terms of requirements), we may be able to come up with an
alternative solution.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Junjie Wang

I write an application with ASP.NET. After running the application in IE6,
the URLs always are displayed in IE history. I do not want the users know
what URL they have visited, so I want clear the corresponding IE webpage
history. But it seems impossible. Set Response.Expire etc. can disable
users visit them in offline mode, but I do not want those URLs be displayed
in the IE history.

Can you give me some advise?

Thanks.

Junjie Wang

Kevin Spencer

My advice is, forget it. Why on earth would you not want visitors to know
what URL they visited? In any case, it can't be done.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP