If I use the WAP add-on, can I not use GridView paging and sorting?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chris S, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. Chris S

    Chris S Guest

    I'm using the WAP add-on for VS2005, and I keep my static methods (which
    crank out DataSets for GridViews), within a "DataAccess" folder. There is
    no "app_Code" folder.

    It seems like VS2005 will not let me point to these methods as a data source
    for my GridViews- even if I try to manually define them. It also looks like
    I can't do automatic paging with the GridView.

    Is the WAP add-on be incompatible with these improved (GridView) features in
    VS2005?

    Do I need to manually implement binding and paging (and I'm assuming
    sorting)?

    If there is a way I can expose my static methods to ObjectDataSource
    directly, that would be very helpful.

    Chris S, Dec 13, 2006