    program. So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type
    in comments and blogs? Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

    Thanks

    Victory, Jan 6, 2008

  2. Victory wrote:
    > My hosting for my website has wordpress included- but what does this
    > mean?
    > I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging
    > program. So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type
    > in comments and blogs? Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

    Hmmm, let's see you are using Goggle for access to Usenet but never
    thought to use is as a search engine? Amazing!

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wordpress manual&btnG=Google Search
    wordpress manual - Google Search

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 6, 2008

  3. Victory

    Victory Guest

    Read the manual? I knew this was going to be difficult...

    Victory, Jan 6, 2008
  4. Victory wrote:
    > Read the manual? I knew this was going to be difficult...

    Hey that's life. What do you think they make manuals for?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 6, 2008
  5. Victory

    Bergamot Guest

    Victory wrote:
    > My hosting for my website has wordpress included- but what does this
    > mean?

    Why don't you ask your hosting service?

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Jan 6, 2008
  6. Victory wrote:

    > I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging program.
    > So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type in comments
    > and blogs?

    Generally speaking you write the articles and wait for other people to
    write the comments.

    > Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

    WordPress has a reputation for being pretty straightforward to use. It
    should be fairly easy to just login and start publishing.

    Things get a little more tricky if you want to customise various aspects
    of it (e.g. the template), but you can always leave that part to a little
    later when you're more comfortable with the basics.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    [OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 7 days, 10:15.]

    dhyana.pl/0.3
    http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/01/06/dhyana/

    Toby A Inkster, Jan 6, 2008
  7. Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Victory wrote:
    >> My hosting for my website has wordpress included- but what does this
    >> mean?
    >> I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging
    >> program. So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type
    >> in comments and blogs? Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

    > Hmmm, let's see you are using Goggle for access to Usenet but never
    > thought to use is as a search engine? Amazing!
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wordpress manual&btnG=Google Search
    > wordpress manual - Google Search

    Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the manual.

    Harlan Messinger, Jan 7, 2008
  8. Harlan Messinger wrote:

    > Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the
    > manual.

    Well I guess we know some people think so...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 7, 2008
  9. Victory

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 03:28:27 GMT
    Jonathan N. Little scribed:

    > Harlan Messinger wrote:
    >
    >> Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the
    >> manual.

    > Well I guess we know some people think so...

    Actually, I can see that side of the argument. 'Tis like when some here
    tell OPs to go Google. (I've done it, too.) Yes, Google is the correct
    option _sometimes_ but not always and not as often as I've seen it
    referred.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Jan 7, 2008
  10. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 03:28:27 GMT
    > Jonathan N. Little scribed:
    >
    >> Harlan Messinger wrote:
    >>
    >>> Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the
    >>> manual.

    >> Well I guess we know some people think so...

    > Actually, I can see that side of the argument. 'Tis like when some here
    > tell OPs to go Google. (I've done it, too.) Yes, Google is the correct
    > option _sometimes_ but not always and not as often as I've seen it
    > referred.

    True, but many time it should be your first option. Afterwards if you
    are still confused or need more direction Usenet can be very beneficial.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 7, 2008
  11. Victory

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 7 Jan, 00:55, Harlan Messinger <>
    wrote:

    > Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the manual.

    I thought the web was invented to demonstrate once and for all that
    software didn't need to be written so badly as to read a manual before
    anyone could use it?

    Andy Dingley, Jan 7, 2008
  12. Victory

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:08:44
    GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:

    >> Actually, I can see that side of the argument. 'Tis like when some
    >> here tell OPs to go Google. (I've done it, too.) Yes, Google is the
    >> correct option _sometimes_ but not always and not as often as I've
    >> seen it referred.
    >>

    > True, but many time it should be your first option. Afterwards if you
    > are still confused or need more direction Usenet can be very
    > beneficial.

    Sometimes it should be the first option, but if I want a quick answer to a
    fairly straightforward question and the choices are to ask here or dig
    through tomes of digital detritus, which is the most preferable and
    logical?

    Regulars may become impatient with repeat inquiries but to a newbie they're
    something new (and if-not-so-wonderful.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Jan 7, 2008