IFrame and basic authentication, username password?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?iso-8859-1?B?Sulq6Q==?=, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have a web site where I display a webpage from another website in an
    IFrame.

    the 2 servers are on the local intranet and I'm using basic authentication.
    The problem, when the IFrame appeared, the username / password is prompt
    again to the end user.

    So I try this:
    http://username:password@server2>/....

    this should work... but my problem:
    how to encode special characters used in the password???
    like @ # etc...???

    a password like:
    Pa#sw@rd should be encoded has... ???

    this encoding doesn't works: Pa%23sw%40rd

    there is another way? like jscript? redirection?

    thanks.

    Jerome.

    =?iso-8859-1?B?Sulq6Q==?=, Aug 11, 2005

  2. =?iso-8859-1?B?Sulq6Q==?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Jéjé <> wrote in news:eD8fXzgnFHA.1412
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > So I try this:
    > http://username:password@server2>/....
    >
    > this should work... but my problem:
    > how to encode special characters used in the password???
    > like @ # etc...???
    >
    > a password like:
    > Pa#sw@rd should be encoded has... ???

    Try Server.HTMLEncode. See if it works.

    Of course you can't encode everything... i.e. the @ symbol between password
    and server has to remain an @ symbol, else IE won't delimit the address
    properly.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 11, 2005

  3. ..HTMLEncode result = # !
    so there is no specific encoding

    what result should I need to allow my password to be used in the URL?
    how the # and @ characters must appeared?

    =?iso-8859-1?B?Sulq6Q==?=, Aug 11, 2005