IFrame and cookies

Tariq

I do not know if this is a security restriction or not, but I am
noticing a peculiar behaviour with embedded iframes.

if a site embedded in an iframe sets cookies with no paths, then the
browser respects the cookie, and subsequent request to the embedded
site carry the cookie.

but if the cookie set by the site embedded in the iframe has a path,
then the browser ignores the cookie.

Appreciate your thoughts,
- Tariq