IFRAME and form variables

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by John Wood, Feb 28, 2005.

  1. John Wood

    John Wood Guest

    I have an ASP script in which I want to control the screen as two frames
    If I use a FRAMESET this works fine but the frame geometry is fixed

    the script uses POST and hidden fields to transfer the data from step to
    step, what I would like is to be able to change the sizes of the frames
    or even go from two frames to one and back to two as I go through the
    dialogue. So I thought to use IFRAMES instead of a frameset, but now I
    have two ASP scripts, one for the IFRAMEs and one for the code to run in
    the iframe pages. The form fields are passed and seen by the top iframe
    ASP but no longer by the lower code.

    I hope that is clear enough
    How can I get the form variables in to the lower script?
    If not possible, am I better to use a database or server side session
    variable to hold the data between steps?

    CODE_A
    sets one or two iframes with width
    one frame runs CODE_B

    CODE_B
    runs the user dialogue and uses FROM and POST with hidden variables
    the FORMs run CODE_A to get to the next step since I want to reset the
    frame widths, but I have lost access to the form variables

    all help welcome
    John Wood
    John Wood, Feb 28, 2005