iframe,frame problems!

Guest

Can i use Frameset in ASP.NET?What are other options
I have a question :-
I have an asp.net page and i'm using TreeView control as links
The links are on the left side of the page inside a iframe! I used iframe
b-cos the links are too long and they shift the page to the right.
Is there a way that if a user clicks a link on the Treeview it can target to
the table of the main window on the right (I DOUBT IF ITS POSSIBLE)
What other ways are available to divide pages in ASP.NET like in FRAMESET?
Thanks!

Guest

2 suggestions:

1) discard the iframe for the treeview and instead use a <div>. To prevent
"shift to the right", simply apply the overflow-x:hidden style. If you want
a vertical scrollbar, add the appropriate overflow-y value.

2) "Is there a way that if a user clicks a link on the Treeview it can
target to
the table of the main window on the right" -- this is where you should use
an iframe. Position it how you like and ensure that it has a "name"
attribute (ie. name="myiframe"). Your links in your treeview should target
this name (ie. target="myiframe").

[...]

Thx for these ideas..
So that means my main window would be the IFRAME WINDOW.
And 'm trying to avoid that but i would give it a try!!
Do u have an example of the DIV with the style?

Guest

BTW. . .sorry for the repeat posts. . .MSDN kept replying that they had failed.

Of course, I don't know exactly what you're up to. I assumed that you
wanted the tree to remain visible at all times as it sounds like a navigation
system. Unless the contents of the tree are highly dynamic, you probably
don't want the tree being rebuilt every time the user clicks a link. Hence,
use an iframe for the actual content. An alternative would be to add the
tree to each and every content page (yuck) or to use a frameset with the tree
on the left frame and the content on the right frame. The latter approach
uses the same technique as the iframe. . .namely, "name" your frame and set
your target of the links to the name. I personally like the iframe approach.
.. .(example below)

table-layout:fixed;">

<colgroup>
<col width="200px"/> <!-- set width of treeview -->
<col/>
</colgroup>

<tbody>
overflow-x:hidden; overflow-y:auto;">
<!-- ... TREEVIEW GOES HERE ... -->

overflow-x:hidden; overflow-y:auto;">
<iframe frameborder="no" style="position:relative; width:100%;
height:100%;"></iframe>

</tbody>

Patrick.O.Ige

Thx a lot Mathew.
Iframe is ok but i want to avoid FRAMESET :(
Will try out the code anyway!