    the text it contains? Without scrollbars appearing, so the user would need
    to use the browser's scrollbars.

    Thanks

    The wee free man, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Quoth the raven named The wee free man:

    > How do i get an IFRAME's height to be so big it show the entire
    > contents of the text it contains? Without scrollbars appearing, so
    > the user would need to use the browser's scrollbars.

    Remove the iframe? If you want to show all the text, why bother with
    complicating the issue. Just display the text.

    > Thanks

    My pleasure.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 10, 2004

  3. The wee free man

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "The wee free man" <> wrote:

    >How do i get an IFRAME's height to be so big it show the entire contents of
    >the text it contains?

    Impossible with HTML. Might be possible with JavaScript - (only if the
    two pages are on the same domain, otherwise they're can't talk to each
    other via JD) - calculate the height needed for the child page and use
    that to amend the height of the iframe. But I'm not sure how feasible
    it is in practice.

    >Without scrollbars appearing, so the user would need
    >to use the browser's scrollbars.

    Are you sure that you want to use an iframe? Have you considered
    server side includes or similar?

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Apr 11, 2004