iframe in aspx page

Fred

I have an aspx page: Main.aspx which has several components that cause
a postback. In the page Main.aspx I also have an iframe which contains
a multi-page pdf file.

The problem I am facing is that whenever the user does an action which
causes a postback on the main page Main.aspx, the page posts back and
the pdf file in the iframe is reloaded. This is a problem becuase if
the user has rotated or magnified the page then that is lost.

Is there anyway that the content in the iframe is not refreshed? Any
other ideas to maintain the state of the pdf file.?

Thanks a lot!

Fred

Mohammad A. Samara

Did you try using "Page.IsPostBack" Property?

International Computer Systems (London) Ltd. The Courtyard, 14a Sydenham
Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2EE, United Kingdom www.icslondon.com Telephone:
+44 (0) 208 681 5421, Facsimile: +44 (0) 208 688 1673 This email and any
files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication
may contain information which may be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
recipient, you are advised that you have received this email in error and
that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email
is strictly prohibited.

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

I'd suggest using regular frames instead of an IFrame.
That way each frame posts back independently - one is not embedded within
the other so you won't have this problem.

MS News \(MS ILM\)

Natty,
can you provide us with an example of XMLHTTPREQUEST
etc..
Thanks

Natty Gur

I’m writing an article on this issue. If you want sample e-mail
([email protected]).

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Natty Gur

IE 5.0 +

"Windows® Script Components provide a lightweight, easily maintainable
way to create components for implementing DHTML Behaviors available in
Microsoft® Internet Explorer
-----------------
5.0. Using a script component allows script developers to
---
implement behaviors using Microsoft® Visual Basic® Scripting Edition
(VBScript), Microsoft® JScript® (ECMAScript), or any third party
scripting language that supports the Microsoft® ActiveX® Scripting
interfaces."

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

The way most people would probably do it is to have a frameset with 3 frames
containing: Pagemain, Page1, Page2

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

The way most people would probably do it is to have a frameset with 3 frames
containing: Pagemain, Page1, Page2

Fred

Right, but the problem is that my pagemain.aspx has a datalist which
contains hyperlinks. This datalist is my navigation bar. So if someone
clicks on a hyperlink http://server/site/nextpage.aspx, only
pagemain.aspx would navigate to the nextpage.aspx. What I want to do
is to replace the entire frameset with nextpage.aspx. Is there anyway
to do that? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Fred

Fred

Thanks for help. I have another question if you could help with that:

In my application I have a page: Pagefirst.aspx

In the second page: Pagesecond.aspx I have a frameset containing three
frames: top with src=top.aspx, bottomleft with src=bottomleft.aspx and
bottomright with src=bottomright.aspx.

From the Pagefirst.aspx the user clicks on a hyper
link-http://server/application/Pagesecond.aspx?OrderId=123

I want to pass the parameters of the query string to each of the pages
transparently at the time when user clicks on the hyperlink. So that
each of the pages are loaded with:
top.aspx?OrderId=123
bottomleft.aspx?OrderId=123
and