    support?
    --
    pentapus
    pentapus, May 2, 2014

  2. pentapus

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 02 May 2014 14:49:00 -0400, pentapus wrote:

    > I have a calendar in an iframe, some of the links (such as a link to the
    > next month) need to target the iframe, and some links need to target the
    > mother page.
    >
    > This confuses me. Should I specify the _parent and _self? What if there
    > is no parent, what happens with a target = _parent (ie using the same
    > code outside an iframe)?
    >
    > And what about seamless? CanIUse is silent on this, how far reaches the
    > support?

    The iframe should be named.
    Then when using target, set the target to the named frame.
    target=namedframe.

    <iframe name="test" src="source.php">

    I think others could help if we had a bit more informatioon to work with.
    richard, May 3, 2014

  3. pentapus

    dorayme Guest

    In article <lk0paf$g6r$>,
    pentapus <> wrote:

    > I have a calendar in an iframe, some of the links (such as a link to the
    > next month) need to target the iframe, and some links need to target the
    > mother page.
    >
    > This confuses me. Should I specify the _parent and _self? What if there
    > is no parent, what happens with a target = _parent (ie using the same
    > code outside an iframe)?

    Why are you using an iFrame exactly? You have a home page, it has an
    iframe on it? You want links in the iFrame? You want links in the
    iFrame to reload the iFrame with new sources? You want some links to
    give you back your home page? Why don't you just load the source html
    that went into the iFrame on the home page back from the same link you
    used on the home page to populate the iFrame there? Or is the home or
    mother page not one that contains an iframe?

    Show the structure you want and you will receive help.

    > And what about seamless? CanIUse is silent on this, how far reaches the
    > support?

    There was a thread on this on this group recently. see it.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 3, 2014
  4. pentapus

    pentapus Guest

    On 5/3/2014 9:11 AM, dorayme wrote:
    > In article <lk0paf$g6r$>,
    > pentapus <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a calendar in an iframe, some of the links (such as a link to the
    >> next month) need to target the iframe, and some links need to target the
    >> mother page.
    >>
    >> This confuses me. Should I specify the _parent and _self? What if there
    >> is no parent, what happens with a target = _parent (ie using the same
    >> code outside an iframe)?
    >>

    > Why are you using an iFrame exactly?

    Simpler than writing it as javascript widget.

    You have a home page, it has an
    > iframe on it? You want links in the iFrame? You want links in the
    > iFrame to reload the iFrame with new sources?

    See line about next month.

    You want some links to
    > give you back your home page?

    No. I want them to go to a listing for that date.

    Why don't you just load the source html
    > that went into the iFrame on the home page back from the same link you
    > used on the home page to populate the iFrame there? Or is the home or
    > mother page not one that contains an iframe?
    >
    > Show the structure you want and you will receive help.

    I have this roughed in. I did not write the template for this site. Nor
    have I added the content.

    http://www.rio-arriba.org/

    You'll see a link to some test data on March 20. Calendar is in bottom
    left column.

    I'm doubtful about the help.

    pentapus, May 3, 2014
  5. pentapus

    dorayme Guest

    In article <lk2t7i$bm5$>,
    pentapus <> wrote:

    > On 5/3/2014 9:11 AM, dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <lk0paf$g6r$>,
    > > pentapus <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have a calendar in an iframe, some of the links (such as a link to the
    > >> next month) need to target the iframe, and some links need to target the
    > >> mother page.
    > >>
    > >> This confuses me. Should I specify the _parent and _self? What if there
    > >> is no parent, what happens with a target = _parent (ie using the same
    > >> code outside an iframe)?
    > >>

    > > Why are you using an iframe exactly?

    > Simpler than writing it as javascript widget.

    Your URL below and seeing the context tells me why you might want an
    iframe, that's fair enough.

    > You have a home page, it has an
    > > iframe on it? You want links in the iFrame? You want links in the
    > > iFrame to reload the iFrame with new sources?

    > See line about next month.

    Going back and forth from month to month is simple to do (the links
    are or should be *inside* the source of iframe for this and the iframe
    will simply change its source when the links are clicked, no need for
    anything fancy, not even name or id) but that seems not to be your
    problem.

    > You want some links to
    > > give you back your home page?

    > No. I want them to go to a listing for that date.
    >
    > Why don't you just load the source html
    > > that went into the iFrame on the home page back from the same link you
    > > used on the home page to populate the iFrame there? Or is the home or
    > > mother page not one that contains an iframe?
    > >
    > > Show the structure you want and you will receive help.

    > I have this roughed in. I did not write the template for this site. Nor
    > have I added the content.
    >
    > http://www.rio-arriba.org/
    >
    > You'll see a link to some test data on March 20. Calendar is in bottom
    > left column.

    Yes, the calendar is there plainly, but I don't see the link to "some
    test data on March 20"? Not obvious to me on the page I am getting.

    > I'm doubtful about the help.

    Are you now? Charming! Still, there are a few more clues now and maybe
    you are asking how you can change the source (the src) of the iframe
    from a link on the page, the link being outside the iframe? Is this
    what you want to know?

    Your "some links need to target the mother page" suggest you want the
    home button to go to the page as it appeared the first time a visitor
    visited before the visitor fiddles with the links within the iframe
    (changing it to another month from the present May).

    See if

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/iFrame/>

    helps. Visit the page and change the month to March from the link
    within the iframe. Then go to the link outside the iframe and see if
    that restores the original page you visited (the February one).

    > >> And what about seamless? CanIUse is silent on this, how far reaches the
    > >> support?

    > > There was a thread on this on this group recently. See it.

    No comment on this? Not even, "Yes, I found it but it was not much
    help" or "it was helpful, more reliable is CSS as mentioned there" or
    "I don't know how to find it, can you help?"?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 4, 2014
  6. pentapus

    Hot-Text Guest

    "pentapus" <> wrote in message
    > I have a calendar in an iframe, some of the links (such as a link to the
    > next month) need to target the iframe, and some links need to target the
    > mother page

    No target at all
    Remove it from Mother Links only

    > This confuses me. Should I specify the _parent and _self?

    Yes with Frame and Ifame not the Some

    _parent and _self is
    For <Frame> Only
    Not be use out side of
    A Frameset
    < http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmltags/p/bltags_frame.htm >

    > What if there is no parent, what happens with a target = _parent (ie using
    > the same code outside an iframe)?

    ..Chrome 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    ..Firefox 1, 2, 3
    ..Internet Explorer 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    ..Netscape 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
    ..Opera 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
    ..Safari 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    Look for it seeing a Error
    Who knows no Browser
    Acts the same you
    Will have to test is

    < http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmltags/p/bltags_iframe.htm >

    > And what about seamless?

    The Seamless Attribute is Used
    with These Tags:
    ..IFRAME
    The Seamless Attribute Contains:
    The seamless attribute is a boolean attribute.
    This means that it has no contents.
    If it is present in the element,
    it is applied, otherwise not.

    Here is an example of
    an IFRAME with a seamless attribute.

    <iframe seamless>
    Your browser does not support iframes.
    </iframe>
    If the document is XHTML,
    then you need to include a value of seamless.
    For example:

    <iframe seamless="seamless">
    Seamless Default Value:
    The seamless attribute is boolean