<IFRAME> problem with text/background color in netscape

Discussion in 'HTML' started by foo, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. foo

    foo Guest

    the following code sets the background color to black, text color to
    white then embeddes a rectanglar frame displaying the textfile
    'foo.txt'. at first the frame appears to be merely a large black box, up
    upon closer inspection (highlighting the text within the frame) the
    problem simply appears to be that the text and background color are both
    set to black, and thus the file merely appears not to have loaded.

    can anyone tell me how to set the background and text colors for an
    embedded frame?

    thanks in advance

    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>foo</TITLE></HEAD>

    <BODY BGCOLOR="#000000" TEXT="#FFFFFF">

    foo<BR>

    <IFRAME SRC="foo.txt" WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="200" NAME="fooframe">
    </IFRAME>

    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    foo, Oct 2, 2003

  2. foo

    rf Guest

    "foo" <> wrote in message
    > the following code sets the background color to black, text color to
    > white then embeddes a rectanglar frame displaying the textfile
    > 'foo.txt'. at first the frame appears to be merely a large black box, up
    > upon closer inspection (highlighting the text within the frame) the
    > problem simply appears to be that the text and background color are both
    > set to black, and thus the file merely appears not to have loaded.
    >
    > can anyone tell me how to set the background and text colors for an
    > embedded frame?

    Do it in the HTML page that is in the iframe.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 2, 2003

  3. foo

    foo Guest

    rf wrote:
    > "foo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>the following code sets the background color to black, text color to
    >>white then embeddes a rectanglar frame displaying the textfile
    >>'foo.txt'. at first the frame appears to be merely a large black box, up
    >>upon closer inspection (highlighting the text within the frame) the
    >>problem simply appears to be that the text and background color are both
    >>set to black, and thus the file merely appears not to have loaded.
    >>
    >>can anyone tell me how to set the background and text colors for an
    >>embedded frame?

    > Do it in the HTML page that is in the iframe.

    ah, there might be a problem there. the page in the frame is *not* an
    html file, it is a plain ascii text file.

    foo, Oct 2, 2003
  4. foo

    rf Guest

    "foo" <> wrote in message
    > rf wrote:
    > > "foo" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>the following code sets the background color to black, text color to
    > >>white then embeddes a rectanglar frame displaying the textfile
    > >>'foo.txt'. at first the frame appears to be merely a large black box, up
    > >>upon closer inspection (highlighting the text within the frame) the
    > >>problem simply appears to be that the text and background color are both
    > >>set to black, and thus the file merely appears not to have loaded.
    > >>
    > >>can anyone tell me how to set the background and text colors for an
    > >>embedded frame?

    > > Do it in the HTML page that is in the iframe.
    > >

    > ah, there might be a problem there. the page in the frame is *not* an
    > html file, it is a plain ascii text file.

    Well then you are out of luck, unless you want to jump through all sorts of
    hoops to access the dom of that document that lives within the iframe and
    set the relevant attributes manually with client side javascript which does
    not even work for 15% of your viewers anyway.

    iframe == different browser window.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 2, 2003
  5. foo

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <_4Ueb.133575$>,
    says...
    > Well then you are out of luck, unless you want to jump through all sorts of
    > hoops to access the dom of that document that lives within the iframe and
    > set the relevant attributes manually with client side javascript which does
    > not even work for 15% of your viewers anyway.
    >
    > iframe == different browser window.

    Actually if you used server side script you could easily (with no
    javascript) format a page then add the text from a file.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Oct 2, 2003