iframe question

fniles

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

Hi,
In my ASPX page I included the following iframe:
<iframe align="right" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0"
src="http://ipaddress/mywebsite/mypage.aspx" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"
width="218" height="200"></iframe>

Because of that, anybody can copy and paste the above code and use
http://ipaddress/mywebsite/mypage.aspx in their page. Is there any way for
me to prevent unauthorized people to include
http://ipaddress/mywebsite/mypage.aspx in their page ?
Thank you.

Short of writing your own web browser and forcing all your users to use
that browser and no other, there is no way to protect your source code
at all. Anyone who claims the contrary relies on bugs which will
eventually be corrected (if not already done) or didn't understand the
way a web browser loads documents.

You know what's even better? Try entering the following in Firefox:

view-source:http://ipaddress/mywebsite/mypage.aspx

Greetings,
Laurent