    <iframe src="/sample1.html" class="b1frame" name="b1right">

    This simple code is seen as intended in IE and opera but not in FF?
    Why? What am I missing?

    richard, Jan 10, 2008

  2. richard

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    richard wrote:
    > <iframe class="a1frame" name="a1left">
    > </iframe>

    > <iframe src="/sample1.html" class="b1frame" name="b1right">

    > This simple code is seen as intended in IE and opera but not in FF?
    > Why? What am I missing?

    A clue.

    Nik Coughlin, Jan 10, 2008

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:05:29 +1300, "Nik Coughlin"
    <> wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >> <iframe class="a1frame" name="a1left">
    >> </iframe>

    >> <iframe src="/sample1.html" class="b1frame" name="b1right">

    >> This simple code is seen as intended in IE and opera but not in FF?
    >> Why? What am I missing?

    >A clue.

    asswipe you are.

    richard, Jan 10, 2008
  4. richard wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:05:29 +1300, "Nik Coughlin"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> <iframe class="a1frame" name="a1left">
    >>> </iframe>

    >>> <iframe src="/sample1.html" class="b1frame" name="b1right">

    >>> This simple code is seen as intended in IE and opera but not in FF?
    >>> Why? What am I missing?

    >> A clue.
    >>

    > asswipe you are.

    Well Nik has a point here. We have no idea in what context ant of the
    tiny snippet is within. No markup, no css, no *URL*! So why would you
    think anyone would have any idea what is wrong with your code.

    It is like saying there is a problem with my car, what could be the
    trouble? Oh, and for details the color is blue.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 10, 2008
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:40:38 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:05:29 +1300, "Nik Coughlin"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> A clue.
    >>>

    >> asswipe you are.

    >Well Nik has a point here. We have no idea in what context ant of the
    >tiny snippet is within. No markup, no css, no *URL*! So why would you
    >think anyone would have any idea what is wrong with your code.
    >
    >It is like saying there is a problem with my car, what could be the
    >trouble? Oh, and for details the color is blue.

    What is it about an iframe that is so damn hard to understand?
    Everything I have in my code works except this? Why not? Why only in
    FF when IE and opera says it's ok?
    Is that to damn difficult for you morons to answer? I guess it must
    be.
    Up yours!

    richard, Jan 10, 2008
  6. richard

    asdf Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:40:38 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>richard wrote:

    >>> asswipe you are.

    >>Well Nik has a point here. We have no idea in what context ant of the
    >>tiny snippet is within. No markup, no css, no *URL*! So why would you
    >>think anyone would have any idea what is wrong with your code.
    >>
    >>It is like saying there is a problem with my car, what could be the
    >>trouble? Oh, and for details the color is blue.

    > What is it about an iframe that is so damn hard to understand?
    > Everything I have in my code works except this? Why not? Why only in
    > FF when IE and opera says it's ok?
    > Is that to damn difficult for you morons to answer? I guess it must
    > be.
    > Up yours!

    Well, the chances of getting any help are now 0. Well done. Pity, I thought
    I could help.

    *plonk*

    asdf, Jan 10, 2008
  7. richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:40:38 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:

    >>> asswipe you are.

    >> Well Nik has a point here. We have no idea in what context ant of the
    >> tiny snippet is within. No markup, no css, no *URL*! So why would you
    >> think anyone would have any idea what is wrong with your code.
    >>
    >> It is like saying there is a problem with my car, what could be the
    >> trouble? Oh, and for details the color is blue.

    > What is it about an iframe that is so damn hard to understand?
    > Everything I have in my code works except this? Why not? Why only in
    > FF when IE and opera says it's ok?
    > Is that to damn difficult for you morons to answer? I guess it must
    > be.
    > Up yours!

    Brilliant!

    We have no idea what any of your classes: aframe, a1frame, bframe,
    b1frame, nor anything about the markup that either surround or contained
    within your iframes. Don't your think that would be a wee bit important
    to discover what it not be "seen as intended in IE and opera but not in FF"?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 10, 2008
  8. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > What is it about an iframe that is so damn hard to understand?
    > Everything I have in my code works except this? Why not? Why only in
    > FF when IE and opera says it's ok?
    > Is that to damn difficult for you morons to answer? I guess it must
    > be.
    > Up yours!

    The difficulty is a matter of confidence in you. Will you read
    what is said, will you understand it, will you engage with it,
    will you say what you do follow and what you don't, will you show
    some damn curiosity beyond the Neanderthalic grunting that you do
    to this or that vague point or other, will you engage with people
    on a level that is more than bam bam thank you mam for your ever
    so private gains...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 10, 2008
  9. richard

    richard Guest

    All I want to know why is why is the code not working in FF?
    Internet Explorer works just fine.
    Opera works fine.
    Firefox refuses to accept it even though in other pages I have coded
    the precise same thing and it works fine.
    Even the iframe code on the working website is the same damn thing.

    When Abraham Lincoln issued an order, he asked his uneducated slave
    worker if the order was understood. If the slave said no, Mr. Lincoln
    rewrote it until he did understand it. As Mr. Lincoln figured that
    when an educated man couldn't understand the order, then that educated
    man was not worth his time and money.

    Like you guys can't think without an URL? How the sam hell did ya
    write anything then? OH yeah. You had somebody else do it for you.

    richard, Jan 10, 2008
  10. richard

    richard Guest

    Now I am totally frickin confused. Placing the same files in two
    different folders, it works in FF in one folder, but not the other.
    Maybe because the folder name is "iframe"?

    richard, Jan 10, 2008
  11. richard

    richard Guest

    Problem solved.
    Apparently Firefox does not like the fact that a tag name is being
    used a file folder name.

    richard, Jan 10, 2008
  12. richard wrote:
    > All I want to know why is why is the code not working in FF?
    > Internet Explorer works just fine.
    > Opera works fine.
    > Firefox refuses to accept it even though in other pages I have coded
    > the precise same thing and it works fine.
    > Even the iframe code on the working website is the same damn thing.

    What code! You supply no code. Here, IFRAME elements works in both IE
    and FF when the markup is valid. Period!

    If it doesn't work for you, then you are making an error. Period!

    Supply an example URL exhibiting your problem and we can show you where
    your error is, else have fun debugging it yourself. Period!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 11, 2008
  13. richard wrote:
    > Problem solved.
    > Apparently Firefox does not like the fact that a tag name is being
    > used a file folder name.

    Wrong, guess again.

    <iframe src="iframe/insert.html"></iframe>

    Works just fine in FF.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 11, 2008
  14. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:38:27 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >> Problem solved.
    >> Apparently Firefox does not like the fact that a tag name is being
    >> used a file folder name.

    >Wrong, guess again.
    >
    ><iframe src="iframe/insert.html"></iframe>
    >
    >Works just fine in FF.

    Maybe for you, but not for me.

    richard, Jan 11, 2008
  15. richard

    rf Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:38:27 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>richard wrote:
    >>> Problem solved.
    >>> Apparently Firefox does not like the fact that a tag name is being
    >>> used a file folder name.

    >>Wrong, guess again.
    >>
    >><iframe src="iframe/insert.html"></iframe>
    >>
    >>Works just fine in FF.

    > Maybe for you, but not for me.

    If it doesn't work for you then you have made an error elsewhere. Somewhere
    you are dilligently keeping hidden from us.

    Firefox would have no bloody idea what a "folder name" is. Nor would it
    care.

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 11, 2008
  16. richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:38:27 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> Problem solved.
    >>> Apparently Firefox does not like the fact that a tag name is being
    >>> used a file folder name.

    >> Wrong, guess again.
    >>
    >> <iframe src="iframe/insert.html"></iframe>
    >>
    >> Works just fine in FF.

    > Maybe for you, but not for me.

    Then *you* have made a mistake. You can use any element name within a
    URL in FF, or any other browser.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 11, 2008
  17. richard

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:49:00 -0500, richard <> wrote:

    >All I want to know why is why is the code not working in FF?

    Because you, Richard Bullis The Stupid, are simply too damn pig-fucking
    ignorant to even begin to understand HTML.

    Out of all the arrogant tosspot truck-drivers posting to Usenet, you
    make even Conor look like a genius.

    Andy Dingley, Jan 14, 2008
  18. richard

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 14 Jan 2008 02:39:33 GMT
    Andy Dingley scribed:

    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:49:00 -0500, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>All I want to know why is why is the code not working in FF?

    > Because you, Richard Bullis The Stupid, are simply too damn pig-fucking
    > ignorant to even begin to understand HTML.
    >
    > Out of all the arrogant tosspot truck-drivers posting to Usenet, you
    > make even Conor look like a genius.

    Now now... Perhaps he's one of those eccentrics who are really smart in
    some areas but obfuscate it by a show of confusion in others.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Jan 14, 2008
  19. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9A24D9DA6A535nanopandaneredbojias@85.214.90.236>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 14 Jan 2008 02:39:33 GMT
    > Andy Dingley scribed:
    >
    > > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:49:00 -0500, richard <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>All I want to know why is why is the code not working in FF?

    > > Because you, Richard Bullis The Stupid, are simply too damn pig-fucking
    > > ignorant to even begin to understand HTML.
    > >
    > > Out of all the arrogant tosspot truck-drivers posting to Usenet, you
    > > make even Conor look like a genius.

    > Now now... Perhaps he's one of those eccentrics who are really smart in
    > some areas but obfuscate it by a show of confusion in others.

    A perfectly good dressing down by AD deserves better than this,
    Boji. Why on earth would someone want to obfuscate their
    smartness in one area by showing confusion in another? If they
    were smart, they would either not obfuscate in any area or they
    would obfuscate *in* the area they are trying to hide their
    cleverness or they would obfuscate for an entirely different
    purpose.

    I think I know why you are so confused about this but I cannot
    confirm it until you send me that scoop, that sample of your
    brain for tests.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 14, 2008
  20. richard

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 14 Jan 2008 06:09:08
    GMT dorayme scribed:

    >> > Because you, Richard Bullis The Stupid, are simply too damn
    >> > pig-fucking ignorant to even begin to understand HTML.
    >> >
    >> > Out of all the arrogant tosspot truck-drivers posting to Usenet,
    >> > you make even Conor look like a genius.

    >> Now now... Perhaps he's one of those eccentrics who are really smart
    >> in some areas but obfuscate it by a show of confusion in others.

    > A perfectly good dressing down by AD deserves better than this,
    > Boji. Why on earth would someone want to obfuscate their
    > smartness in one area by showing confusion in another? If they
    > were smart, they would either not obfuscate in any area or they
    > would obfuscate *in* the area they are trying to hide their
    > cleverness or they would obfuscate for an entirely different
    > purpose.
    >
    > I think I know why you are so confused about this but I cannot
    > confirm it until you send me that scoop, that sample of your
    > brain for tests.

    You are so critical. And btw, your post is seriously off-topic.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Jan 14, 2008