iframe question

richard

<iframe class="a1frame" name="a1left">
</iframe>

<iframe src="/sample1.html" class="b1frame" name="b1right">

This simple code is seen as intended in IE and opera but not in FF?
Why? What am I missing?

Nik Coughlin

richard said:
<iframe class="a1frame" name="a1left">
</iframe>

<iframe src="/sample1.html" class="b1frame" name="b1right">

This simple code is seen as intended in IE and opera but not in FF?
Why? What am I missing?

A clue.

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
asswipe you are.

Well Nik has a point here. We have no idea in what context ant of the
tiny snippet is within. No markup, no css, no *URL*! So why would you
think anyone would have any idea what is wrong with your code.

It is like saying there is a problem with my car, what could be the
trouble? Oh, and for details the color is blue.

richard

Well Nik has a point here. We have no idea in what context ant of the
tiny snippet is within. No markup, no css, no *URL*! So why would you
think anyone would have any idea what is wrong with your code.

It is like saying there is a problem with my car, what could be the
trouble? Oh, and for details the color is blue.

What is it about an iframe that is so damn hard to understand?
Everything I have in my code works except this? Why not? Why only in
FF when IE and opera says it's ok?
Is that to damn difficult for you morons to answer? I guess it must
be.
Up yours!

asdf

richard said:
What is it about an iframe that is so damn hard to understand?
Everything I have in my code works except this? Why not? Why only in
FF when IE and opera says it's ok?
Is that to damn difficult for you morons to answer? I guess it must
be.
Up yours!

Well, the chances of getting any help are now 0. Well done. Pity, I thought
I could help.

*plonk*

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
What is it about an iframe that is so damn hard to understand?
Everything I have in my code works except this? Why not? Why only in
FF when IE and opera says it's ok?
Is that to damn difficult for you morons to answer? I guess it must
be.
Up yours!

Brilliant!

We have no idea what any of your classes: aframe, a1frame, bframe,
b1frame, nor anything about the markup that either surround or contained
within your iframes. Don't your think that would be a wee bit important
to discover what it not be "seen as intended in IE and opera but not in FF"?

dorayme

richard said:
What is it about an iframe that is so damn hard to understand?
Everything I have in my code works except this? Why not? Why only in
FF when IE and opera says it's ok?
Is that to damn difficult for you morons to answer? I guess it must
be.
Up yours!

The difficulty is a matter of confidence in you. Will you read
what is said, will you understand it, will you engage with it,
will you say what you do follow and what you don't, will you show
some damn curiosity beyond the Neanderthalic grunting that you do
to this or that vague point or other, will you engage with people
on a level that is more than bam bam thank you mam for your ever
so private gains...

richard

All I want to know why is why is the code not working in FF?
Internet Explorer works just fine.
Opera works fine.
Firefox refuses to accept it even though in other pages I have coded
the precise same thing and it works fine.
Even the iframe code on the working website is the same damn thing.

When Abraham Lincoln issued an order, he asked his uneducated slave
worker if the order was understood. If the slave said no, Mr. Lincoln
rewrote it until he did understand it. As Mr. Lincoln figured that
when an educated man couldn't understand the order, then that educated
man was not worth his time and money.

Like you guys can't think without an URL? How the sam hell did ya
write anything then? OH yeah. You had somebody else do it for you.

richard

Now I am totally frickin confused. Placing the same files in two
different folders, it works in FF in one folder, but not the other.
Maybe because the folder name is "iframe"?

richard

Problem solved.
Apparently Firefox does not like the fact that a tag name is being
used a file folder name.

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
All I want to know why is why is the code not working in FF?
Internet Explorer works just fine.
Opera works fine.
Firefox refuses to accept it even though in other pages I have coded
the precise same thing and it works fine.
Even the iframe code on the working website is the same damn thing.

What code! You supply no code. Here, IFRAME elements works in both IE
and FF when the markup is valid. Period!

If it doesn't work for you, then you are making an error. Period!

Supply an example URL exhibiting your problem and we can show you where
your error is, else have fun debugging it yourself. Period!

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
Problem solved.
Apparently Firefox does not like the fact that a tag name is being
used a file folder name.

Wrong, guess again.

<iframe src="iframe/insert.html"></iframe>

Works just fine in FF.

rf

richard said:
Maybe for you, but not for me.

If it doesn't work for you then you have made an error elsewhere. Somewhere
you are dilligently keeping hidden from us.

Firefox would have no bloody idea what a "folder name" is. Nor would it
care.

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
Maybe for you, but not for me.

Then *you* have made a mistake. You can use any element name within a
URL in FF, or any other browser.

Andy Dingley

All I want to know why is why is the code not working in FF?

Because you, Richard Bullis The Stupid, are simply too damn pig-fucking
ignorant to even begin to understand HTML.

Out of all the arrogant tosspot truck-drivers posting to Usenet, you
make even Conor look like a genius.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 14 Jan 2008 02:39:33 GMT
Andy Dingley scribed:
Because you, Richard Bullis The Stupid, are simply too damn pig-fucking
ignorant to even begin to understand HTML.

Out of all the arrogant tosspot truck-drivers posting to Usenet, you
make even Conor look like a genius.

Now now... Perhaps he's one of those eccentrics who are really smart in
some areas but obfuscate it by a show of confusion in others.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 14 Jan 2008 02:39:33 GMT
Andy Dingley scribed:

Now now... Perhaps he's one of those eccentrics who are really smart in
some areas but obfuscate it by a show of confusion in others.

A perfectly good dressing down by AD deserves better than this,
Boji. Why on earth would someone want to obfuscate their
smartness in one area by showing confusion in another? If they
were smart, they would either not obfuscate in any area or they
would obfuscate *in* the area they are trying to hide their
cleverness or they would obfuscate for an entirely different
purpose.

I think I know why you are so confused about this but I cannot
confirm it until you send me that scoop, that sample of your
brain for tests.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 14 Jan 2008 06:09:08
GMT dorayme scribed:
A perfectly good dressing down by AD deserves better than this,
Boji. Why on earth would someone want to obfuscate their
smartness in one area by showing confusion in another? If they
were smart, they would either not obfuscate in any area or they
would obfuscate *in* the area they are trying to hide their
cleverness or they would obfuscate for an entirely different
purpose.

I think I know why you are so confused about this but I cannot
confirm it until you send me that scoop, that sample of your
brain for tests.

You are so critical. And btw, your post is seriously off-topic.