Iframe refeshing Source URL every time page is displayed

John Kotuby

Hi all,
I am trying to add some advanced search tools to a standard HTML website by
using an Iframe whose SRC attribute points to a remote ASP.NET site which
contains the advanced search tool (listlocator.aspx). It works fine, except
everytime the user clicks "Search" from any other page in the site thay need
to wait until the ASP.NET search tool initializes every time. Even if the
user clicks the Back or Forward buttons to get to the Search page, the
Iframe re-loads the listlocator.aspx every time even if the page has already
been visited and the search tool was already loaded.

The page within the Iframe takes a few seconds to load so I am placing a
"Please Wait..." image which becomes hidden when the Iframe completes

Is there a way to allow the Iframe to display the listlocator.aspx page in
it's most recent state without reloading it every time which becomes
annoying. I have done some reading about Caching on the Server side, but I
don't know if this will help. Is there anything that can be done on the
Browser side or in the HTML Iframe declaration such that if the Iframe
aldready contains the listlocator.aspx page it is not reloaded? Maybe Iframe
is not the way to go here, but it beats the heck out of re-writing a
complicated search tool.

Thanks for any help....

See the code snipped from the page below.

<iframe
src="http://localhost/manager/listlocator.aspx?mgr=LCS&site=listdata"
onload="iframe_onload();"></iframe>

<script type="text/jscript" language="javascript">
function iframe_onload()
{
var theWaitCell = document.getElementById('Wait1');
theWaitCell.style.visibility = "hidden";
}
</script>

Thanks for any help....again