Iframe scroll to anchor problem.

splish

Hello,
I have the following problem:

An Iframe exists inside a page (that has content exceeding the height,
therefore scrollbars kick in) - normal stuff.

When I want to use anchor references inside the Iframe the parent
page is affected also, in that it jumps to the top of the iframe, as though
there were an anchor at that point.

HELP !!

PS: This happens in IE, but is fine in NS.

Splishman

DU

splish said:
Hello,
I have the following problem:

An Iframe exists inside a page (that has content exceeding the height,
therefore scrollbars kick in) - normal stuff.

When I want to use anchor references inside the Iframe the parent
page is affected also, in that it jumps to the top of the iframe, as though
there were an anchor at that point.

HELP !!

PS: This happens in IE, but is fine in NS.

Splishman

Give id to your anchors and use the scrollIntoView() method.

frames["FrameName"].document.getElementById("idAnchor").scrollIntoView(true);

will work in MSIE 6 for Windows, NS 7.1 and Mozilla-based browsers.

DU
--
Javascript and Browser bugs:

splish

Thanks for the effort DU but it hasn't changed things for me.
It is producing the same effect as just linking to the anchor.
The parent page JUMPS to the top of the IFRAME instead of
just leaving itself in its current position.

Splishman

;