IFrame transparent backgrounds in IE

Michael Laplante

This is probably old news to the experienced types here, but I just came
across this ref:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/inlinefloatingframes.asp#transparency

The ALLOWTRANSPARENCY attrribute is not strict HTML so I guess you'd have to
set doctype to transitional to pass validation? I left the doctype as strict
and both IE and FF rendered it without problem.

I think somebody in the last few weeks here was looking for a solution to
the issue of white backgrounds in iframes in IE where they default to
transparent in Firefox. I know I've been looking for this solution for
awhile.

Hope this helps the OP.