iframe within a pop up / send info back to parent ??

Erich93063

I have a page that pops open a window and in that pop up page is an
iframe. How can I send information back to the ORIGINAL parent page
that popped open the pop up from the iframe page?

Hope that made sense.

THANKS

Erwin Moller

Erich93063 said:
I have a page that pops open a window and in that pop up page is an
iframe. How can I send information back to the ORIGINAL parent page
that popped open the pop up from the iframe page?

Hope that made sense.

THANKS

hi,

An Iframe is a frame, so to get to the page that holds the Iframe you need
'parent'.
From the popupwindow to the first window, use the word 'opener'.

So you need parent.opener...

But JS will only communicate between all these windowobjects if they all
reside in the same domain.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Erich93063

that was it. thanks!

Erwin said:
hi,

An Iframe is a frame, so to get to the page that holds the Iframe you need
'parent'.
From the popupwindow to the first window, use the word 'opener'.