    this behavior?

    Thanks in advance!

    , Aug 11, 2005

  2. Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, <> said:

    > I have a bunch of iframes on my page that contain ads. The iframes are
    > a specific size and scrolling is turned off, yet when I hover over them
    > in FireFox and use the mouse scroll wheel, the content in the iframe
    > moves around and sometimes even disappears.

    So the file you are including in the iframe is bigger than the
    dimensions of the frame. At least the user can still see the rest of the
    ad (if they really want to).

    > Is there any way to stop
    > this behavior?

    Don't use iframes.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Aug 11, 2005

    Hey Mark,

    Thanks for the quick response. To answer your question, the iframe is
    fine when the page loads as the content is actually the same size as
    the iframe. The only problem is when the user mouses over the iframe
    and then uses the scrolling wheel on the mouse. The ad basically
    disappears and there is empty space in the iframe. I'd love to take out
    the iframes but unfortunately that's not going to happen in the near
    future. Is there any way to lock this frame down?

    Thanks again.

    , Aug 11, 2005
  4. Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, <> said:

    Please quote the relevant part(s) of the message you are replying to.
    Google Groups is not good at this, but it *is* possible (or better, get
    a real newsreader if you can).

    > Thanks for the quick response. To answer your question, the iframe is
    > fine when the page loads as the content is actually the same size as
    > the iframe.

    If that is truly the case, I would be inclined to call it a bug in
    Firefox.

    > The only problem is when the user mouses over the iframe
    > and then uses the scrolling wheel on the mouse. The ad basically
    > disappears and there is empty space in the iframe.

    Do you have an example URL?

    > I'd love to take out
    > the iframes but unfortunately that's not going to happen in the near
    > future.

    Why not?

    > Is there any way to lock this frame down?

    No. Ultimately on the web, power rests with the end user. There's
    nothing you as an author can (or should) do about it.

    Mark Parnell, Aug 11, 2005
  5. wrote:
    > as the content is actually the same size as the iframe.

    ...at your font size in your browser...

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 11, 2005
  6. Jedi Fans Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:
    > Previously in alt.html, <> said:
    >
    > Please quote the relevant part(s) of the message you are replying to.
    > Google Groups is not good at this, but it *is* possible (or better, get
    > a real newsreader if you can).
    >
    >> Thanks for the quick response. To answer your question, the iframe is
    >> fine when the page loads as the content is actually the same size as
    >> the iframe.

    > If that is truly the case, I would be inclined to call it a bug in
    > Firefox.
    >
    >> The only problem is when the user mouses over the iframe
    >> and then uses the scrolling wheel on the mouse. The ad basically
    >> disappears and there is empty space in the iframe.

    > Do you have an example URL?
    >
    >> I'd love to take out
    >> the iframes but unfortunately that's not going to happen in the near
    >> future.

    > Why not?
    >
    >> Is there any way to lock this frame down?

    > No. Ultimately on the web, power rests with the end user. There's
    > nothing you as an author can (or should) do about it.

    Firefox does not do this if there is not white space or br's underneath
    the content...

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox

    Jedi Fans, Aug 11, 2005