IFRAMES

Toby Inkster

rf said:
Toby or brucie or anybody else would not say the same thing. All of then
would say anysizedesign.

No, I would not suggest making lots of versions of the same thing, but
with different canvas sizes in mind.

Unless you used server-side scripting to do it. ;-)

Steve Pugh

AS DD suggested, use inches or mm instead of pixels.

He said no such thing.
He said: "avoid specifying lengths in units which are not relative to
the window size."

inches or mm are NOT relative to the window size.

We've been down this road before, do you want me to post that
screenshot of your page where you used mm and ended up with
overlapping content boxes on screens other than your own?

Steve

David Dorward

Richard said:
AS DD suggested, use inches or mm instead of pixels.

That was not a suggestion, that was a question. Real world units are
worthless for screen media design since the vast majority of systems are
not correctly calibrated (and thus cannot convert such units to pixels
accurately)

rf

Toby said:
No, I would not suggest making lots of versions of the same thing, but
with different canvas sizes in mind.

Unless you used server-side scripting to do it. ;-)

I've read the last few posts in this thread several times.

I still can't figure out if you are agreeing with me or not :)