    tek-tips.com
    So I'll be playing around with this scheme and see how it works out.

    I didn't write it Brucie so be quiet.

    Richard, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Richard

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > in post <news:>
    > Richard said:

    >> http://www.1-large-world.com/samples/scrolltable.html

    > heres a nice one for gecko browsers:
    > http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/gecko-scrolling-table-cell-thingy.
    > html

    > degrades well with opera, IE poos itself.

    Saw yours on another site but they had their version so damned overabused
    with repetitive crap, it wasn't worthwhile to see the code.
    In IE, yours shows the entire table as if there was no scroll.
    At least in my version, it works in IE.

    Richard, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Richard

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:>
    Richard said:

    >> heres a nice one for gecko browsers:
    >> http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/gecko-scrolling-table-cell-thingy.html
    >> degrades well with opera, IE poos itself.

    > In IE, yours shows the entire table as if there was no scroll.

    adding a nul attribute selector to the tbody properties fixes IE, it'll
    display the same as opera.

    > At least in my version, it works in IE.

    http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/ie-table-scroll-thingy.html
    needs a bit of fiddling with to get the cols aligned properly but i cant
    be stuffed.

    --
    brucie

    brucie, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > in post <news:>
    > Richard said:

    >>> heres a nice one for gecko browsers:
    >>> http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/gecko-scrolling-table-cell-thing
    >>> y.html degrades well with opera, IE poos itself.

    >> In IE, yours shows the entire table as if there was no scroll.

    > adding a nul attribute selector to the tbody properties fixes IE, it'll
    > display the same as opera.

    >> At least in my version, it works in IE.

    > http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/ie-table-scroll-thingy.html
    > needs a bit of fiddling with to get the cols aligned properly but i cant
    > be stuffed.

    Now it works just fine in IE.

    Richard, Jan 13, 2004
  6. Richard

    rf Guest

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
    > www.1-large-world.com/samples/scrolltable.html

    That is not a scrolling table cell, nor a scrolling table. It is a scrolling
    div within a table cell.

    One can put a scrolling div anywhere and even IE understands them.

    What IE does *not* understand is a table where the tbody scrolls but the
    thead does not.

    Cheers
    Ricahrd.

    rf, Jan 13, 2004
  7. brucie wrote:

    > http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/ie-table-scroll-thingy.html
    > needs a bit of fiddling with to get the cols aligned properly but i cant
    > be stuffed.

    Change this bit:

    to:

    <!--[if IE 5]>