IHttpAsyncHandler -- Global custom thread pool

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by buzz, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. buzz

    buzz Guest

    I am new to ASP.NET, so perhaps this is problem will yield a simple answer.

    I am building an ASP.NET application using asynchronous handlers
    (IHttpAsyncHandler). In doing so, it was recommended that I use a
    custom thread pool to handle work items that are queued from
    BeginProcessRequest.

    I am using the famous DevelopMentor custom thread pool written by
    Mike Woodring.

    My question -- How do I make only one instance of the pool to be used
    by multiple handlers? If I add it to global.asax in the
    HttpApplicationState.StaticObjects, will there still be multiple
    instances created? Or do I just have to make the thread pool class static?

    Any help will be very appreciated.

    Buzz
    buzz, Dec 15, 2004