IHttpModule type not found?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Eric Goforth, May 21, 2008.

  1. Eric Goforth

    Eric Goforth Guest

    Hello,

    I'm trying to create an Http Helper Module in VS.NET 2005. When I do
    the following the .NET ide complains that it doesn't know what the
    IHttpModule type is. I initially tried it without the System.Web (I'm
    importing the namespace). Any idea what's wrong?

    Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Imports System
    Imports System.Collections
    Imports System.Configuration
    Imports System.Text
    Imports System.Threading
    Imports System.IO
    Imports System.Reflection
    Imports System.Web
    Imports System.Xml
    Imports System.Xml.XPath

    Namespace MyModule

    Public Class MyModule
    Implements System.Web.IHttpModule

    End Class
    End Namespace

    Eric Goforth, May 21, 2008

  2. "Eric Goforth" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to create an Http Helper Module in VS.NET 2005. When I do
    > the following the .NET ide complains that it doesn't know what the
    > IHttpModule type is. I initially tried it without the System.Web (I'm
    > importing the namespace). Any idea what's wrong?
    >
    > Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
    > Imports System
    > Imports System.Collections
    > Imports System.Configuration
    > Imports System.Text
    > Imports System.Threading
    > Imports System.IO
    > Imports System.Reflection
    > Imports System.Web
    > Imports System.Xml
    > Imports System.Xml.XPath
    >

    > Namespace MyModule
    >
    > Public Class MyModule
    > Implements System.Web.IHttpModule
    >

    > End Class
    > End Namespace

    Your project is missing a reference to the system.web.dll

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, May 22, 2008