IIR filter conversion routines for Python?

wzab

Hi,
I'm looking for procedures converting the IIR filters into cascade and/
or parallel forms. Something like dir2cas.m or dir2par.m known in the
Matlab/Octave world.
Unfortunately SciPy does not contain such functions.
If they are not available, I would be grateful for any hints helping
me to implement them myself.

Aahz

I'm looking for procedures converting the IIR filters into cascade and/
or parallel forms. Something like dir2cas.m or dir2par.m known in the
Matlab/Octave world.
Unfortunately SciPy does not contain such functions.
If they are not available, I would be grateful for any hints helping
me to implement them myself.

Even though they're not in SciPy, the mailing lists for NumPy/SciPY are
probably good places to get advice.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Hi,
I'm looking for procedures converting the IIR filters into cascade and/
or parallel forms. Something like dir2cas.m or dir2par.m known in the
Matlab/Octave world.
Unfortunately SciPy does not contain such functions.

Well... If they are Matlab scripts (as the .m seems to imply),
couldn't one just take the source and recode them in SciPy terms.
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

wzab

        Well... If they are Matlab scripts (as the .m seems to imply),
couldn't one just take the source and recode them in SciPy terms.
--
        Wulfraed        Dennis Lee Bieber               KD6MOG
        (e-mail address removed)               (e-mail address removed)
                HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
        (Bestiaria Support Staff:               (e-mail address removed))
                HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/

Unfortunately the Matlab scripts that are floating around the net do
not contain the license information.
(e.g. takasila.coe.psu.ac.th/~s4810685/DSP/proakis/PWS_DSP/dir2cas.m )
So I don't know if it sufficient to consider the "public domain"...
Additionally Python is simply different and allows some thing to do in
different (better?) way.
In fact I have almost finished the simple dir2cas.py converter.
I'll post the source as soon, as it is ready.

Robert Kern

Unfortunately the Matlab scripts that are floating around the net do
not contain the license information.
(e.g. takasila.coe.psu.ac.th/~s4810685/DSP/proakis/PWS_DSP/dir2cas.m )
So I don't know if it sufficient to consider the "public domain"...

No! The opposite in fact. No license information simply means you do not have a
license. It is copyrighted at the moment of creation.

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

Robert Kern

OK. So here it is as public domain code. Any hints and suggestions
of improvements are appreciated.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sources/browse_thread/thread/924fbe2255f8c42d

Wow! A shar archive posted to alt.sources. I haven't seen one of those used in
anger in a *long* time.

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."