IIS(5.0) asp pages not work correctly on IIS(6.0)

Andrew Mogford

Hi,

We have moved a web site from a development server running Windows 2000 and
IIS 5 to a Windows 2003 server running IIS 6.0
Now the asp pages do not work correctly. For example, request.form() no
longer returns data from the calling form.
I have turned web services extensions on to allow active server pages.

The pages do work to some extent, I can even setup a connection to a
database and retrieve stored procedure parameters, but some elements do not
work.

What else do I have to do to make an IIS 6.0 server run asp from a previous
version of IIS?

Thanks

Andrew

Mark Schupp

You are going to have to be more specific about the parts that don't work.
Except for permissions and the use of CDONTS instead of CDO for email (or
other obselete components) ASP pages from IIS 5 should work with IIS6.

Andrew Mogford

Thanks Mark,

Thanks for this. All is working OK now.
I think that it was a permissions problem combined with a the page being
cached, so even though I had turned all permission on the problem did not
disappear until I cleared the cache.
It is nice to know I should not have any compatibility problems running asp
code ported from IIS 5 to IIS6.

Andrew Mogford
Kandy Solutions Limited