IIS 5.0 Config for Asp hosting trouble

James

Hi

I am having some trouble getting a asp page to load. Im a
noob to the asp side. I have followed knowledege base
Article 301305. I am running 2000 adv, IIS 5.0

I have the following settings to the folder that has the
asp.

Application settings
application name: upload
Starting poing: <website>\upload
Execute Permissions: Scripts Only
App Protection: High(isolated)

Is there anything else i need to do? I installed the
lockdown awhile back...does that interfere?

Thanks,
James

Jeff Cochran

I am having some trouble getting a asp page to load. Im a
noob to the asp side. I have followed knowledege base
Article 301305. I am running 2000 adv, IIS 5.0

I have the following settings to the folder that has the
asp.

Application settings
application name: upload
Starting poing: <website>\upload
Execute Permissions: Scripts Only
App Protection: High(isolated)

Is there anything else i need to do? I installed the
lockdown awhile back...does that interfere?

The lockdown tool by default may block ASP extensions, look at the
URLScan.ini file and see if it's allowed. Beyond that, it would be
nice to know what "having some trouble getting a asp page to load"
actually meant. Post full error messages, event log entries, IIS log
entries for the request and so on. Make sure you're testing with a
Hello World ASP file and are requesting it via a browser and not File
Open.

Jeff