IIS 5.0 Config for Asp hosting trouble

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by James, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Hi

    I am having some trouble getting a asp page to load. Im a
    noob to the asp side. I have followed knowledege base
    Article 301305. I am running 2000 adv, IIS 5.0

    I have the following settings to the folder that has the
    asp.

    Application settings
    application name: upload
    Starting poing: <website>\upload
    Execute Permissions: Scripts Only
    App Protection: High(isolated)

    Is there anything else i need to do? I installed the
    lockdown awhile back...does that interfere?

    Thanks,
    James
    James, Aug 10, 2004

  2. James

    Guest Guest

    Im getting an "object disabled" error

    Guest, Aug 11, 2004

  3. James

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:50:55 -0700, "James" <> wrote:

    >I am having some trouble getting a asp page to load. Im a
    >noob to the asp side. I have followed knowledege base
    >Article 301305. I am running 2000 adv, IIS 5.0
    >
    >I have the following settings to the folder that has the
    >asp.
    >
    >Application settings
    >application name: upload
    >Starting poing: <website>\upload
    >Execute Permissions: Scripts Only
    >App Protection: High(isolated)
    >
    >Is there anything else i need to do? I installed the
    >lockdown awhile back...does that interfere?

    The lockdown tool by default may block ASP extensions, look at the
    URLScan.ini file and see if it's allowed. Beyond that, it would be
    nice to know what "having some trouble getting a asp page to load"
    actually meant. Post full error messages, event log entries, IIS log
    entries for the request and so on. Make sure you're testing with a
    Hello World ASP file and are requesting it via a browser and not File
    Open.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Aug 11, 2004