IIS 5.1 and Mozilla Firebird

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by saif, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. saif

    saif Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm working with WinXP and IIS 5.1 and I use Mozilla firebird browser.
    When I check localhost I am promted for password but that's not the
    problem. Real problem is I am given this error (after posting me to
    http://localhost/localstart.asp):

    ----- Error ------
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

    * Error Type:
    error '8002801c'

    Error accessing the OLE registry.

    /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 154

    error '8002801c'

    Error accessing the OLE registry.

    /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 17

    ----- End of Error ------

    while other pages which I have created works fine and I would like to
    point out that when I use IE I'm not promted password or given any
    error. It works fine in IE.

    I understand there is no error with IIS or ASP but it is VBScript
    which does not work with FIrebird, am I correct. There is no error
    with ASP.NET pages.

    Thanks for your replies.

    saif, Feb 15, 2004

  2. saif

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    The problem here is that a "500 Internel Server Error" is occuring when
    accessing the page (I presume localstart.asp). You are then being redirected
    to the default HTTP 500 error page, which in turn having problems on line
    15.

    Line 17 is actually a piece of server-side code:

    <%
    Set objASPError = Server.GetLastError
    %>

    so it would be irrelevant whether you where using Firebird (or any other
    browser), since server-side code is never seen by the browser. Instead, I
    think something is happening (ie an error) in localstart.asp, and you are
    being redirected to 500-100.asp and then another error is occuring in
    500-100.asp, which is preventing you from getting information about the
    initial error.

    Is there anything in the Windows Event Logs? (if so, please post the Event
    ID, Source and Description). Otherwise, have you tried reinstalling IIS?

    Cheers
    Ken

    "saif" <> wrote in message
    : Hi all,
    :
    : I'm working with WinXP and IIS 5.1 and I use Mozilla firebird browser.
    : When I check localhost I am promted for password but that's not the
    : problem. Real problem is I am given this error (after posting me to
    : http://localhost/localstart.asp):
    :
    : ----- Error ------
    : HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    : Internet Information Services
    :
    : Technical Information (for support personnel)
    :
    : * Error Type:
    : error '8002801c'
    :

    Ken Schaefer, Feb 16, 2004

  3. saif

    Bernard Guest

    also ensure you had enabled 'anonymous' access, change
    the default page to your page, this page by default required admin
    privileges.

    --
    Regards,
    Bernard Cheah

    Bernard, Feb 16, 2004
  4. saif

    saif Guest

    Hello everyone,

    Thanks Schaefer there was indeed a 'Access Denied' problem in
    localstart.asp which was directing the browser to the error page:
    ----- Error -----
    Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
    Permission denied: 'GetObject'
    ----- End of Error -----

    And thanks Bernard with your suggestion after adding IUSR_compname to
    Administator group there is no problem.

    But there is still some problem with Firebird even though I have
    upgraded to Firefox (Firebird 0.8). There are pages which just does
    not load. Browser keeps on loading those pages. Is there some setting
    pages like disabling detecting browser type from IIS Config. Although
    they work fine in IE 6 and Netscape 7.x.

    I can't figure out the problem, if anyone has any solution please help
    me. I work mostly in Firefox (Firebird).

    Thanks everyone.

    saif, Feb 17, 2004
  5. saif

    Bernard Guest

    You should NOT add iusr a/c to admin group, refer
    Permission Denied Error on Local Default Web Page
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=251361

    there's nothing special about this file, so you can always replace with your
    own page and set it as default doc.

    Bernard, Feb 17, 2004