    The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'.
    The error was 'No such interface supported'.

    I scanned the knowledgebase and no real answer was found.
    Billy, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Billy

    Ray at Guest

    See similar thread(s) posted today.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 17, 2003

  3. http://www.aspfaq.com/2226

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Billy

    Billy Guest

    Did that, none of them are specific...i have enabled
    script and exe, installed server extentions...nothing

    Billy, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Sounds like script blocking is enabled in your antivirus software

    --
    David D Cowell
    Wildcat Computers, Inc.

    David D Cowell, Dec 17, 2003
  6. > Static content serves fine, asps fail

    What on earth does "fail" mean?

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 17, 2003
  7. > Sounds like script blocking is enabled in your antivirus software

    This would cause a script timeout, and only in pages that use
    FileSystemObject or other components deemed dangerous by the norton virus.
    I don't think this would cause failure (though we still don't know what
    failure means) or timeout of a simple response.write "hello" page.

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Billy

    Ray at Guest

    Ray at, Dec 17, 2003
  9. set application protection to Low

    Meelis Lilbok, Dec 17, 2003
  10. Whoa, too many meanings for this one. I like this one the best: "There
    shall not fail thee a man on the throne."

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 17, 2003
  11. Actually it doesn't timeout. You have to be able to start a script for it to
    timeout. If I enable script blocking on my XP Pro machine running IIS and
    call up an asp page stored there, in a browser on that machine, it just sets
    there indefinitly waiting for the script to run. As far as Norton (installed
    on that machine) is concerned any .asp page is a dangerous script. If you
    are talking about Norton on a different machine accessing that web server,
    then any client side scripts wouldn't run, but hello.asp or any other .asp
    pge that didn't contain any client side scripts should run ok.

    David D Cowell, Dec 17, 2003
  12. > Actually it doesn't timeout. You have to be able to start a script for it
    > timeout.

    And how does hitting an ASP page not meet the criteria for "start a script"?

    > call up an asp page stored there, in a browser on that machine, it just

    sets
    > there indefinitly waiting for the script to run.

    The browser will eventually give up, and time out. And my point still
    stands that Norton doesn't block ASP pages in general, but rather only those
    parts of the script that call things like Scripting.FileSystemObject. This
    is a very popular FAQ article, so much so that I don't even have to look it
    up to know the number. http://www.aspfaq.com/2180

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 17, 2003
  13. Here again, if you are running Norton Antivirus with script blocking
    enabled, on the same machine(server in my case running XP Pro) that IIS is
    running on, it will prevent asp from running. If Norton Antivirus with
    script blocking is enabled in a workstation accessing IIS on a different
    machine(with script blocking disabled) it will load the resulting HTML
    generated by the script just fine, because the script is executed on the
    server not the workstation. If OP is trying to work on a development machine
    (programming and viewing the web site on the same machine), and not a live
    environment (client-server) then script blocking would prevent his asp from
    executing. And yes the browser will finally timeout, but not a "script
    timeout" , but because it did not get a response from the request it sent to
    the server.

    David D Cowell, Dec 17, 2003
  14. > Here again, if you are running Norton Antivirus with script blocking
    > enabled, on the same machine(server in my case running XP Pro) that IIS is
    > running on, it will prevent asp from running.

    Once again. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Script blocking will only catch scripts that
    try to instantiate objects like Scripting.FileSystemObject.

    > executing. And yes the browser will finally timeout, but not a "script
    > timeout"

    Now you're just being overly pedantic. I did not mean, explicitly, ASP
    0113 - Server.ScriptTimeout exceeded. I meant that the browser would spin
    until it gave up.

    Is spin an okay word to use there? Or would you like something more
    explicit?

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 17, 2003
  15. Well I'm not trying to flame you or be narrow minded :) but, I'm setting
    here running XP Pro/IIS5.1/Norton AV 2003 on this machine. I use it for
    development and testing. If I turn on script blocking and try to access
    http://localhost/hello.asp it will not run the script. The browser will
    timeout. If I disable script blocking it runs the script just fine. I read
    the faq and agree that on a client PC, it will only effect client side
    executions. My point was if the origional poster was testing on a similar
    setup it will block asp execution.

    David D Cowell, Dec 17, 2003
  16. > Well I'm not trying to flame you or be narrow minded :) but, I'm setting
    > here running XP Pro/IIS5.1/Norton AV 2003 on this machine. I use it for
    > development and testing. If I turn on script blocking and try to access
    > http://localhost/hello.asp it will not run the script.

    Well, I can't reproduce. I can only get Norton to interfere when the script
    has Scripting.FileSystemObject (e.g. CreateTextFile).

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 17, 2003