IIS 5 and personalized error pages

LordMax

Hi to all.

I have a problem with personalization of error pages.
I hav'n't find a way to insert an image in the 403-9 page (too many
users)

There's some way?

Thanks

Anthony Jones

LordMax said:
Hi to all.

I have a problem with personalization of error pages.
I hav'n't find a way to insert an image in the 403-9 page (too many
users)

There's some way?

You can if you host the image on another server.

If you think about it if there are currently too many users then any request
for a resource (including the resulting request for the image) will result
in 403-9 error.

One other alternative is to place the image in a page commonly visited (like
a logon page) with a style="display:none". And set Expiry control for the
image to never expires. (It may also be good to specify an extensive period
for IE's pre-check Cache-Control header value.)

When a 403-9 is hit the request for the img has a good probability of being
satisifed by the local cache.